CBsubs 404 Error Upon Registration & Registration

12 years 4 months ago #181477 by jroseland
I’m having several issues w/CB Subs right now that I need some urgent help on. I’ve build a number of CB & Cbsubs sites before and I’ve never ran into these issues before.

I’m running, Joomla 1.5.2.3 CB 1.7 w/CBSub 1.22 on my site www.mygreatestpotential.com. This is a personal development site w/over 30 different video modules going into different article categories. There are over 30 different subscription plans to the corresponding site sections.

404 Error – When I am on the registration page for a subscription I fill out the user fields completely then when I press register it gives me a 404 Component not found error. This is a problem obviously, new CB users need to be taken to the registration completed page where I am going to have a welcome video. This 404 error is just going to confuse my users. Also it prevents them paying via paypal.

Registration User Approval Settings – What’s really odd is that even though it gives me a 404 error it still registers a new user. However this user shows up as NOT enabled, unconfirmed and pending admin approval. So as a result the new user cannot login to their account. It’s also not sending a confirmation email to the new user.

Here’s what I’ve done so far
• Setup Paypal in the CBsubs payment gateways area
• Allow User registration Yes in CB Config Manager, No in Global Manager
• In CB Config set No to Require Admin Approval & yes to require email confirmation
• Uninstalled reinstalled community builder

I can provide admin access if that helps.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #181598 by nant
Nice site - I listened to the whole video :-)

We also saw your post on Joomla forums here:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=670955

First comment - 404 means that a page is not available.
My experience is that SEF components mess things up and are to blame in most of these cases.

Please disable SEF and test to verify.

If things work then you know the issue is not CB or CBSubs related.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #181618 by jroseland
Hey Nant - Thanks for the quick reply! Ok so I turned off SEF and it just took me back to the homepage of my website. Obviously this is not good because I need it take the user to the invoice page so they can pay for their membership.

I've built several CBsubs sites before and haven't had this problem. It was working fine easier in the development proccess when I did have SEF on.

This is the URL it generated when it took me back to the homepage
www.mygreatestpotential.com/ followed by ?from=jonathan.roseland@gmail.com&name=jliv&meta_web_form_id=&meta_split_id=&unit=&redirect=&meta_redirect_onlist=&meta_adtracking=&meta_message=1&meta_required=from&meta_forward_vars=0

12 years 4 months ago #181640 by beat
i don't see cb, cbsubs or paypal generating links with meta_ in it.

Must be something else, maybe a forgotten joomla plugin from another extension ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 4 months ago #182422 by jroseland
Hey Beat & Nant - Thanks for the response. I recently upgraded my CB membership because I appreciate it! I certainly intend to continue to upgrade my membership and buy more licences as CB continues to help me accomplish my goals.

I've identified 2 issues that seem to be with CBSubs here.
a) Registration 404 Error - When I try to register a new user it gives me a 404 error instead of sending them to payment page. If I turn off SEF it takes me back to the homepage upon clicking register. On my site I have multiple CBsubs user types, with the type 2 membership (www.mygreatestpotential.com/level-2-registration.html) it dosen't generate a 404 error it just takes me to a screen that asks me to login. But then it says me user is not approved. I don't understand why it isn't taking me to payment after registration. Kind of defeats the purpose of Cbsubs...
b) User Approval - In the CB Global settings and the CBsubs settings I have it set to auto approve users and send them a welcome email. When I check in the CB user setting it shows the users as unapproved, unenabled.

I don't think I'm running any other extensions that should cause major issues. On this site I am running Agora forum, HDVideoShare, JCAL pro, Sobi2 and few of the Rok components, all components I have ran before on CB Subs sites

Can I give you admin access to look in the admin see whats wrong??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn