CBsubs 404 Error Upon Registration & Registration

12 years 5 months ago #182432 by beat
I guess this is an issue with the SEF component you are using. With standard joomla SEF it works well.

Do you have the possibility to clear your SEF component cache or try using the standard joomla one ?

If the standard Joomla one works, then it's an issue with your third party one, and you should contact the author, and in between, if feature is available, disable it for CB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182455 by jroseland
Hey Beat - I'm not using an SEF component. Just the standard Joomla SEF controls in the global configuration...

If I disable the Joomla SEF when I register a new user I still have the same problems.
a) Doesn't redirect to payment page. These are paid subscriptions...
b) User dosen't recieve welcome email
c) User appears in CB user management but is not enabled, confirmed or approved
d) User cannot login with their username password

It seems to me the issue is with CB? I've set up CB Subs sites before and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Can you take a look at it for me??

Thanks again! Your awesome!

12 years 5 months ago #182717 by beat
One thing comes to my mind for the 404 error:

Did you define the mandatory *PUBLIC* level CB Profile Joomla menu on the system ?

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182729 by jroseland
Hey Beat - Yes the CB User Profile is a public access published main menu item.

The 404 error seems to be gone on different plans. For example the 2nd plan
How to set boundaries

When I register for this plan it just takes me back to the home screen. It should take me directly to the payment page. Isn't that the point of CB Subs? To create a paid membership site? I'm really surprised at the number of issues here... I've built plenty of CB Subs sites before and never had these problems.

I have screenshots attached of the various back end settings. Please take a look I really appreciate it!

12 years 4 months ago #183764 by beat
My best guess here is that it is a joomla plugin or any third party software that is corrupting something, as such 404's without sef turned on and with correct urls means that something is modifying the $_REQUEST, $_GET or $_POST globals.

12 years 4 months ago #184582 by jroseland
OK this is what I've done to try to resolve this bug.

1. I've gone in and turned off SEF.
2. Then I proceed to turn off the following components running on my site to see if one of them was causing the issue w/registrations not directing to payment page.
Advanced Module Manager
Agora
Akeeba
Contus HDVideoShare
JCalPro
QContacts
RokCandy Bundle
RokDownloads Bundle
RokGallery
RokQuickCart
Sobi2
Keep in mind that these are all components that I need for my site to work and I have them running on other sites where CB Subs is working fine. I'm just taking your suggestion.
3. I cleared the site cache.
4. I went into Community Builder > Tools and ran the checks of the database. It returned results with stating everything was fine.

Whenever I register as a user it just takes me back to the home screen. No payment page.

This bug has cost me many hours of time and I don't feel like I've made any progress. Since I am a loyal Joomlapolis customer who has purchased multiple licences I need you guys to go into my site and figure out what the bug is here. There are log in credentials in the ticket I submitted re/this bug.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn