[SOLVED] [#7064] Invoice with partial/total refund

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303067 by beat
Hi activha,

We highly appreciate your suggestions and feature requests (when they are not reminded too often and done in a constructive way (like here) and in a positive non-legalize tone).

1. Thus I have to do 2 gentle preliminary remarks as a reminder as they have already been stated quite a few times, to your statements :

CBSubs has never been and is not an invoicing and accounting software. It is a management solution for free and paid memberships.

Neither CBSubs nor Joomlapolis are responsible for your business complying to your local laws.

That general non-legalize and non-binding information is written in much better and larger terms in our binding GPL licence.

CBSubs is open-source and there is CB auto-actions and an extensive API. The beauty of this is that it allows everyone to implement what he needs, like you did yourself, your simple solution to your satisfaction. :-)

Ok, now that this has been taken out of the way,

2. Regarding your question:

Yes, CBSubs baskets can be considered as Orders (with various states, form draft to executed) as their primary function.

You can put whatever name you wish to the baskets using the parameter "Invoice title format" in the CBSubs Settings in Display, Invoices tab. Default is "Invoice [INVOICENUMBER]" but you can change it to "Order [INVOICENUMBER]" if you wish so.

3. Regarding your suggestion:

I'll think more about it,

Keep in mind that CBSubs is not an invoicing and accounting software and that the invoices auto-generated in CBSubs are perfectly fine for 99+% of our users' use-cases.

Technically, Payments are primarly Transaction Record *traces* (Transaction Records are not even at your PSP, but at your aquierer/bank) and could act as Receipts, although Receipts have a strong legal final irrevocable payment meaning, that is more appropriate for hard cash transactions. And having payments as invoice doesn't handle the case of multiple payments for a single invoice. Receipts are also legal documents and if you go to a store in town or a restaurant you typically will get a Receipt but no Invoice unless you specifically ask for it and then you will receive usually a handwritten or manually made one. But then this all varies by legislation. So it all needs more thoughts in the future as it would be a major change.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 week ago #303155 by activha
Législation implies that we have one invoice per order usually.
In this case that means one invoice per subscription, whether the subscription is one shot or recurring does not change. If it’s recurring our customers accountancy need one invoice per period with detailed taxes.

This means that we could use the solution mentioned by Kyle in the other thread, but only if we could link to invoices with unique numbers displayed

What I thought was to use each payment dates or each payment transaction id to render the recurring invoices unique.

This is not exactly good as normally invoices should follow a numbering scheme and be one after the other. But I guess that it could be a good start without too much dev

Could you add substitutions in the invoice template so that we could use data from the payment table and render the display unique even if there is only one basket number ? This linked with the sql query proposed by Kyle would partly solve the problem

This feature has been asked for more than three years now ;-)
We have worked through it by using people time to manually trigger payments each month with ogone and slimpay SEPA platform, but this is no longer an option

We intend to raise a lot our customer base, and even 1000 customers makes one invoice/basket trigger per month.

Moving to Stripe gateway is a good solution for automatic SEPA recurring payments without which we would have moved away from CBSubs despite all its advantages. But we need to find a way for the recurring invoicing problem.

Our customers are businesses which need compliant invoices. I can understand that personal subscription are less demanding, but nonetheless, in case of a verification people using recurring invoicing like this would risk problems.

Thanks for your time on this
Regards
Jean

6 years 1 week ago #303158 by beat

accountancy need one invoice per period with detailed taxes.

Good point: Payments (Transactions) don't include taxes nor items details. Thus Transactions/Receipts/Payments can not be used as "invoices". ;)

I have explained in the other thread why the solution of Kyle (which by itself works) but enhanced by your link-based numbering is not going to be a good solution either.

If we implement something, it's something that is well made and solves fully that feature request and in a way that allows to make businesses compliant to their country laws. Not only for you or for your country or continent alone, but for other users and uses too in other countries as well. Sorry.

We'll evaluate a bit more what it implies and come back, as we have a short bit of time now.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 11 months ago #303513 by activha

We'll evaluate a bit more what it implies and come back, as we have a short bit of time now.

Hello again,
Did you come to a conclusion on this ?
We need to make a decision quickly now for our customers as to continue with CBsubs, develop a special solution for invoices (not easy) or change to another subscription system.
Thanks for your understanding
Best regards
Jean

5 years 11 months ago #303518 by beat
Hi Jean,
We are reviewing various implementation possibilities of a possible auto-generation of invoices for follow-up payments of auto-recurring subscriptions within CBSubs. While all look simple at the begin, they all have complications making it not straight-forward to implement, unless significant restrictions are applicable, and thus a significant effort.
Best regards,

5 years 11 months ago #303519 by activha

unless significant restrictions are applicable, and thus a significant effort.

Could you precise ?

I noticed the new Stripe Billings system. Could you link CBsubs with it to automatically retrieve invoices generated by Stripe and provide recurring invoicing for this platform as a start ?

Would this need a financial involvement for developing ?
And finally :-) can you give us a timetable for this ?

Thanks
Jean

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn