[SOLVED] cbsubs: No tax for european company with european tax id

5 years 8 months ago #306665 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic cbsubs tax module not usable in europe
Hey krileon, thanks for your message.

Yes, we know the solution, or better said: We know how to set up the tax module to match european tax rules and already did it. Your tax module seems to do it a very good way.

But the problem is: The tax module doesn't recognize if the customer is a company (b2b) or just a normal customer (b2c). So it always takes 3 taxes for our european members... The tax for b2c and the both taxes (19% and 0%) for b2b with and without eu vat.

So, we just had to stop the registration of european members, that's a little bit frustrating. Any idea when Beat could have a look into this case? And we sent you the proposal to do a b2b / b2b check with a check box like "Cutomer or Company", because many companies do not have a company and just give their first and lastname. And then the system will take the tax of b2c business.

Thanks a lot so far.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306667 by beat
Replied by beat on topic cbsubs tax module not usable in europe
The B2B condition on valid EU-server validated tax works fine in my tests here.

That's the only way to exempt a foreign company customer from VAT (according to EU VAT laws to the best of my knowledge (ianal=I am Not a lawyer)). Not sure why you don't want to use that valid method ?

The bug I'm looking at is the company-name detection for B2B condition that is sometimes used by sellers in a few countries outside of Europe.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306672 by Andromeda57
Hey Beat, nice to read from you.

Of course this validation is good and we want to use it (and we do).

Let me try to explain:

- We have 19% tax for b2b only in europe, validated with company name in invoice.

- We have tax 0% tax for b2b only in europe, validated with company name in invoice AND given vat.

So, if the company has no vat, all is ok, it takes 19%. But if the company has given a vat, it takes 19% (because it is a company) and 0% (because it has valid vat).

How can we set it right?

5 years 8 months ago #306675 by beat
To the best of my knowledge, you can't give better VAT conditions to a business customer without having checked the EU VAT number with EU VAT server (which CBSubs allows, and that part works). Just getting any company number and VAT number is not enough to not collect VAT per EU VAT rules (check with your tax lawyer/consultant).

You need to set "Methods to validate that the customer is a business (B2) for this tax" to "EU VAT: Online check with EU VAT Server" (NOT "Company and VAT in invoice"), and fill-in your EU VAT number below. That setting works fine, and is to my knowledge the only one to use in Europe (it's even written "recommended for EU sellers" in the drop-down choice).

Additionally, for the country rates selection to work, your seller country (and province and post code) must be selected in General CBSubs settings, integrations, tax tab.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 8 months ago #306677 by beat
Also: Can you please provide me an URL with the regulations for the 19% special rate rule for domestic companies?

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #306682 by Andromeda57
Hi guys,

we had a thinking error, your system is working, sorry. You can mark this thread as being solved.. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn