Is there a Instant Messaging Plug In?

15 years 6 months ago #74750 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Is there a Instant Messaging Plug In?
Try this link for Chat Extensions . The first one, jPFChat appears to do exactly as you wish. See the comments for this extension, where one poster lists some of the features, including both public and private chat rooms.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #74752 by piersol
Replied by piersol on topic Re:Is there a Instant Messaging Plug In?
I use that component for a CHAT ROOM. As i attempted to clarify, a chat room is different from instant messaging.

Think of it as if google talk or yahoo IM required you to go into a chat room to use it. That would be terrible and not efficient.

Thats why we have instant messaging which is NOT dependent on a room for its existence.

PlentyOfFish.com uses it as well as Dolphin.

To use chat room instant messaging you have to be IN A CHAT ROOM. Regular IM is launchable from a profile or NOW ONLINE link. And its a popup so it doesnt hurt your browsing of the site.

Im surprised this hasnt been addressed long before now.

I keep my fingers crossed.

15 years 4 months ago #79204 by Cazim
Replied by Cazim on topic Re:Is there a Instant Messaging Plug In?
hi all im new to CB and Joomla too,im working on a community website atm and i was thinking of an idea would be cool if there isnt to have instant messaging with friends like facebook has the one that popeups is there such a plugin or something?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn