Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT

17 years 5 months ago #23738 by pcgs
Replied by pcgs on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
mikko wrote:

The most straight forward solution would be to install a newsletter component...

mikko

That makes perfect sense to me but I am confused. I must be doing something wrong.

I've been trying to learn more about "CbMailing." Isn't it a newsletter component? I also subscribe to the CB documentation but couldn't find any info there either. I also see that my Joomla site has "Mass Mailing" but neither work. I figured I'm doing something wrong.

Also, must my users subscribe to recieve newsletters or can I distribute to all of them because they have chosen to become part of my community?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23748 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
pcgs wrote:

I've been trying to learn more about "CbMailing." Isn't it a newsletter component? I also subscribe to the CB documentation but couldn't find any info there either.

I don't know of anything called CbMailing. The lists that CB allows you to build are not mailing lists - they are display lists of members in the community. Does that make more sense?

Also, must my users subscribe to recieve newsletters or can I distribute to all of them because they have chosen to become part of my community?

Thanks

I would never send a newsletter out to people who had not purposely subscribed to the newsletter. That's me - I don't like the idea of my site getting shut down or my name being associated with "spammer".

You can choose to do what you want. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

:)

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

17 years 3 months ago #28853 by jeffreydbrown
Replied by jeffreydbrown on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
Any luck on this from anyone? Seems like it ought to work... we used to be able to do this on DNN sites but I'm not there anymore thankfully.

Post edited by: jeffreydbrown, at: 2007/01/12 01:26

17 years 3 months ago #28857 by pcgs
Replied by pcgs on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
jeffreydbrown wrote:

Any luck on this from anyone? Seems like it ought to work... we used to be able to do this on DNN sites but I'm not there anymore thankfully.

Post edited by: jeffreydbrown, at: 2007/01/12 01:26

Hi Jeff,

Yes it does seem CbMailing should work, but so far no luck.

As for the previous reply by another poster, I have two points:

First, yes there is a Component called CbMailing. Check your Admin control panel. Considering its name, I have to assume it is a Community Builder component and not a Joomla thing. If nothing else it would be nice to hear from others who have had success, problems or at least from those who know CbMailing exists.

Secondly, as for mass mailing to those who have not subscribed, of course most of us would not do such a thing but my community is an alumni site and my users expect to be noitied of class reunions, etc. But then, I shouldn't have to explain myself.

My posting asked the question "Why doesn't CbMailing work?" Not, "Does CbMailing exist?"

16 years 1 month ago #58877 by frankrussell
Replied by frankrussell on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
I am using CB mailing with Mikko's 'List Action'plugin. A few bugs but generally all works. My problem is that when I mass mail there is an option to attach a file. I have tried more than once and have successfully massed mailed over 800 people, but the attachment is not received and therefore I assume not sent. any ideas why?

15 years 7 months ago #72209 by kubbah
Replied by kubbah on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
where can I find this plugin? thnx

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.561 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn