Urgent- User Registration notification email

16 years 11 months ago #36348 by nant
steps you should take:

1. verify that your joomla mailings work. see if the joomla mass email works. If not you have a generic email problem with joomla.
2. if the joomla email works and the cb still doesnt - make sure that cb is actually sending the email - check your email services log - ask your host
3. if the cb email is getting to the email server and leaving your site then perhaps the receiving end is rejecting it for some reason (SPAM, security, etc).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36380 by johngoodwin
Replied by johngoodwin on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
Hi Nick

Thanks for the speedy response.

Sendmail is configured correctly and seems to be working - I can use mass mail feature. I sent a "mass mail" to the manager level which is me as a test user. Mail is received OK, so obviously not being bounced at my mail server end.

Also, CB sends mails to people who register. The whole process of email confirmation works fine.

Two things, just to clarify:
1. I'm using mambo 4.5.5, not Joomla (OK, I'm sorry...!) Everything works with this config except this one feature.
2. Is it the case that CB does send an email notification of new registrations to the admin by default? I think I'm right in saying there's no option to control this?

16 years 11 months ago #36383 by nant
johngoodwin wrote:

Hi Nick

Thanks for the speedy response.

Sendmail is configured correctly and seems to be working - I can use mass mail feature. I sent a "mass mail" to the manager level which is me as a test user. Mail is received OK, so obviously not being bounced at my mail server end.

Also, CB sends mails to people who register. The whole process of email confirmation works fine.

Two things, just to clarify:
1. I'm using mambo 4.5.5, not Joomla (OK, I'm sorry...!) Everything works with this config except this one feature.
2. Is it the case that CB does send an email notification of new registrations to the admin by default? I think I'm right in saying there's no option to control this?

1. shouldnt matter
2. notifications are sent to CB moderators. CB Moderators are configured in the CB backend configuration area. You can also manually turn off notifications individually (CB user admin area).

I get a ton of notification emails from joomlapolis (and other sites) so this feature is working just fine.

16 years 11 months ago #36384 by johngoodwin
Nick

Its a mystery!
'Send moderators email' is set to yes on the moderation tab in CB configuration. (Although the description says this is when something happens that requires action by the mod. I'm not requiring approval for registrations).
In my own user management page 'receive moderator emails' is set to yes.
Are we running out of ideas yet? I appreciate your support on this.
I would guess that I don't get notified because I'm not approving registrations, except that from other posts it seems some people get notifications (and don't want them), others don't get them (and do want them).

John

16 years 11 months ago #36385 by butterfly
Replied by butterfly on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
I used to get all registration emails notif when we were using old Mambo version but switching over to the new version I stopped getting them. We had a site admin that left the company long time ago and his emails are forwarded to me. Guess what? I get new user registration emails from him even though I changed all info to reflect mine along with email addresses.

Now that is a mystery!!

16 years 11 months ago #36386 by johngoodwin
Presumably you didn't get any resolution yet?! You've been on this for months too.
Computers are such stupid things. (You can quote me on that).

I have to get a fix for this or an alternative user registration. I don't think there's anything out there that compares, is there?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn