Urgent- User Registration notification email

16 years 11 months ago #36388 by butterfly
Replied by butterfly on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
nant wrote:

steps you should take:

1. verify that your joomla mailings work. see if the joomla mass email works. If not you have a generic email problem with joomla.
2. if the joomla email works and the cb still doesnt - make sure that cb is actually sending the email - check your email services log - ask your host
3. if the cb email is getting to the email server and leaving your site then perhaps the receiving end is rejecting it for some reason (SPAM, security, etc).

#3- I have our server email address entered in CB config. It does leave the site, because as I mentioned in my previous post that it goes out to another person who is set up to receive emails from that server email address except me. So i am assuming i have somehow had email notif. registration blocked in my email account. How do i unblock this?

NOte: i do receive other emails that goes out to that server email address except email notif. registration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36393 by schelly
In CB Configuration, Moderation tab, make sure you select "Public Back End" if you want emails sent to both the Moderator group and the Super Administrator group. I believe that, if you're an admin, you can't also be a Moderator. And, since you can't multi-select from the list of groups to receive the email, you have to send it to them all to catch both Moderators and Admin.

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

16 years 11 months ago #36399 by johngoodwin
Replied by johngoodwin on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
You can be an admin and a moderator - I know 'cos I was there.

Oh, correction, my brain hurts, I'm thinking of somewhere else. But I don't think this is really relevant. The emails are sent out to whatever level of access you choose. If you want them to go to managers, they go to managers and above:

"All users in the group selected and above will be moderators." - CB Config, Moderators tab.

The question re. moderation shouldn't really matter anyway. Moderating registrations and just getting notifications of registrations are not the same thing.
Seems to me there needs to be one more option here: "Receive notifications of new registrations? Yes/No"

Post edited by: johngoodwin, at: 2007/04/26 20:32

16 years 11 months ago #36403 by schelly
Sorry -- I thought you wanted to know what would work. I didn't realize you were providing a feature request.

:)

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

16 years 11 months ago #36404 by johngoodwin
Replied by johngoodwin on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
Hey no problem! I didn't think I was providing a feature request either! Oh no! Is this what its come to?:P
I thought I was just trying to figure out how to make something happen that seems to be happening already for some people.
Thanks for keeping the thread going!

John

16 years 11 months ago #36415 by nant
johngoodwin wrote:

Moderating registrations and just getting notifications of registrations are not the same thing.
Seems to me there needs to be one more option here: "Receive notifications of new registrations? Yes/No"

Post edited by: johngoodwin, at: 2007/04/26 20:32

yup - this would be a new feature.

you could write a nice notification plugin that handles this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn