Urgent- User Registration notification email

16 years 11 months ago #36417 by johngoodwin
Replied by johngoodwin on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
Hi Nick

"you could write a nice notification plugin that handles this."

When you say, "You" you mean "you" - right? Remember I'm just a driver, not the mechanic.
I'd like to see it. Don't know what I'm going to do about the lack of it, but I'm pretty sure I'm giving up on the pursuit of a solution with CB now.
Oh, OK, one last question to make my life easier. Is there a specific order that users are listed in CB? Can that be changed? 'cos if we could at least make the list ordered by registration date it would help a bit.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36440 by nant
johngoodwin wrote:

Hi Nick

"you could write a nice notification plugin that handles this."

When you say, "You" you mean "you" - right? Remember I'm just a driver, not the mechanic.
I'd like to see it. Don't know what I'm going to do about the lack of it, but I'm pretty sure I'm giving up on the pursuit of a solution with CB now.
Oh, OK, one last question to make my life easier. Is there a specific order that users are listed in CB? Can that be changed? 'cos if we could at least make the list ordered by registration date it would help a bit.

John

when "you" create a list you can specify the sort order.

16 years 11 months ago #37723 by bignellrp
Replied by bignellrp on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
Did you get this fixed...im having the same problem with a new install...someone please help.

16 years 11 months ago #37758 by johngoodwin
No. Never figured out why some people get notified, some don't.
I concluded its not possible to intentionally have registration unmoderated but still get a notification email when a registration happens.
Had to move on.
John

16 years 11 months ago #37760 by bignellrp
Replied by bignellrp on topic Re:Urgent- User Registration notification email
but i dont get notified at all. I have admin approval turned on, so not receiving an email means no one can register. Can you help?

16 years 11 months ago #37763 by johngoodwin
Sorry - I can't help with this one. Its a different problem than the one I was trying to solve in this thread.
I guess your issue is related to sendmail/php/smtp settings in the back end of Joomla/Mambo. There's lots of posts about that at the Joomla/Mambo forums.
John

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn