[SOLVED] Problem Naming Fields in Field Manager.

17 years 2 months ago #31126 by zpaul2fresh8
Hello to everyone and thank you first of all for taking your time to read my post for help. I'm new to Joomla and CB, but only after a month and little php knowledge I'm cruising along with a wonderful website.

Anyhow, my problem first occurred when I noticed my forum replies are backwards (Last to First, Joomlaboard by the way), so I go into my Profile->Edit Profile->Forum Settings and I notice that all the settings and options are quadruple!

So I go into Components->CommunityBuilder->Field Management and I see that there are indeed quadruples of 3 different fields. So I tried to delete the extra ones, success, but then I noticed also that each of the fields options were also quadrupled! So I go back into the Field manager and into one of the problematic fields again and try to delete the extra Values in the "table". But it would not allow me to save the field with blank entries in the "table".

So I decided to delete the fields and recreate them from scratch like Community Builder Database checker told me to. But HERE'S THE PROBLEM (Yes I've got to it finally) When I give the field the name that it needs to function correctly, it renames itself when saving it.

For example, I need a field named "sbviewtype" with combo box properties but when I save it, it always gives it the cb_ prefix. So instead of sbviewtype I end up with cb_sbviewtype.

Someone please help, I know this has to have occurred to others as well. Thank you.

EDIT: I FIGURED OUT HOW TO CORRECT THE AUTO-PREFIX FOR THE FIELD NAME. JUST CLICK BACK IN THE TEXT INPUT BOX AND REMOVE IT :) LOL...

Post edited by: zpaul2fresh8, at: 2007/02/14 22:41

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #73935 by NeoForever
really?
Mine doesn't work that way. After deleting the "cb_" prefix, as soon as I go to next box the prefix comes up again!
Please help!

edit: sry, wrong section. Mine is CB 1.1

Post edited by: NeoForever, at: 2008/09/11 03:43

working now.

Post edited by: NeoForever, at: 2008/09/21 08:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn