Session Expired, Trying To Edit Profile -frontend

16 years 1 day ago #59836 by sazz
Hallo I have the same problem with session expired on version 1.1 in what file do i have to make changes ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 day ago #59837 by sazz
SuperGuido wrote:

I've got this same problem along with the registration page problem of session expired. I tried the fixes (changing the === to == and shortening the [code:1]$validate = 'cbj'[/code:1] line, neither of which worked for me though the error did change from "Registration session expired and/or cookies are not enabled in your browser" to simply
"Session expired" which leads me to believe it is passing the cbRegAntiSpamCheck but failing something else. Looking in the code it is probably one of the following from the error message:
cbSpoofCheck
cbGetRegAntiSpams
cbGetAntiSpams
cbAntiSpamCheck

Upon further testing I found it to be cbSpoofCheck so that's the culprit. Now how to fix it...

So that's where I'm looking right now. I have disabled the CB registration page and gone back to the Joomla one for now and doing manual synchs. Of course it doesn't much matter since attempting to update the user profile gives the error message.

Here are my versions:

CB: 1.02
PHP built On: Linux 2.4.21-32.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 15 21:17:59 EDT 2005 i686
Database Version: MYSQL 4.0.27-max-log
PHP Version: 4.3.11
Web Server: Apache
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable [ Sunfire ] 25 December 2006 01:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4

Relevant PHP Settings:
Joomla! Register Globals Emulation: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Magic Quotes: ON
Safe Mode: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Session auto start: OFF
Session save path: /tmp
Short Open Tags: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: none

Thanks for any help. I'm happy to work with you on this to get it fixed because I like the component and really would like to get it fully functional. Strange thing is it WAS fully functional until earlier today and I didn't install or delete anything today.

Post edited by: SuperGuido, at: 2007/06/26 00:20

FINAL EDIT:
Ok so I fixed it myself.
change this around line 1939:

[code:1]
function cbSpoofCheck() {
// if ( is_callable("josSpoofCheck"«»)) {
// josSpoofCheck(1); Buggy in 1.0.11 with arrays, depreciated in 1.5. So implementing ourselves:
// } else {
global $mainframe;
$validate = 'cbj' . md5( $mainframe->getCfg('secret')) . md5( $mainframe->getCfg( 'db' ) . date( 'dmY' ) );
$validateValue = mosGetParam( $_POST, $validate, 0 );
if (!$validateValue) {
header( 'HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden' );
echo "<script>alert('Session expired-1.'); window.history.go(-1);</script> \n";
exit;
}[/code:1]

to this:

[code:1]function cbSpoofCheck() {
// if ( is_callable("josSpoofCheck"«»)) {
// josSpoofCheck(1); Buggy in 1.0.11 with arrays, depreciated in 1.5. So implementing ourselves:
// } else {
global $mainframe;
// $validate = 'cbj' . md5( $mainframe->getCfg('secret')) . md5( $mainframe->getCfg( 'db' ) . date( 'dmY' ) );
// $validateValue = mosGetParam( $_POST, $validate, 0 );
// if (!$validateValue) {
// header( 'HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden' );
// echo "<script>alert('Session expired-1.'); window.history.go(-1);</script> \n";
// exit;
// }[/code:1]

Voila. Sure it's skipping a piece of the puzzle, but it's working :)

Post edited by: SuperGuido, at: 2007/06/26 00:36

Post edited by: SuperGuido, at: 2007/06/26 02:48

What is the name of the file i have to make changes?

16 years 1 day ago #59867 by sovalye
So which file schould be changed? lol :-)

15 years 10 months ago #63089 by kenkel22
could we get an update or followup on whether this coding change did the trick? Has anyone nailed down what all the conditions are? I have been using community build for awhile but just started having this issue with a brand new site using 1.5.3 legacy and latest version of CB. thanks!

15 years 9 months ago #63944 by kai920
kenkel22 wrote:

could we get an update or followup on whether this coding change did the trick? Has anyone nailed down what all the conditions are? I have been using community build for awhile but just started having this issue with a brand new site using 1.5.3 legacy and latest version of CB. thanks!

Also discovered the same message upon registering for new account.

CB 1.1
J 1.5.3 with legacy mode.

15 years 9 months ago #65676 by friedice
SuperGuido rocks! I tried all of the fixes suggested, none of which worked until I came to SuperGuido's fix!
Thanks SuperGuido! You're the real deal!! :P

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn