Session Expired, Trying To Edit Profile -frontend

15 years 5 months ago #77823 by DavidAndrew
Here is some discussion from me and one of my developer, he eventually fixed the issue

The error is only shown when the Community Builder cookie is not saved correctly on the user computer. On most computers this goes perfectly so we dont get the error.

So we need to know why some computers dont save the cookie. Community Builder also talks about his here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,27/id,40108/

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,36419/catid,29/limit,6/limitstart,0/

To get the error:
- go to the domeinname with FF3
- go to "Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Show cookies"
- search for domeinname
- find cbrvs cookie and delete it
- close preferences

- on domeinname (already opened, DONT REFRESH)
- click sign up and sign up
- after you click register you should get the error

SOLUTION
I have tried to fix this issue in various ways.
1.By the intruction forum, i have tried but it was not helpful.

2.After that i have installed the same version of CB1.1 in my local machine. It comes the same error.

And also I have upgraded the latest version and tested. But it was also comes the same error.

3.After that i have gone through the source code to find the flow. Finally i have commented the one condition in the folowing file.
comprofiler.class.php
line no: 2489

After commenting this line , its work fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #77854 by beat
This registration issue has been finally solved in CB 1.2 RC 3. It was due to sites with www and non-www variants both being served.

Note: for login that remains an issue, due to the way that joomla handles cookies. We are looking into a way to get around that last issue in next build.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn