Connections "popup" form

16 years 10 months ago #39704 by subkubus
Connections "popup" form was created by subkubus
Goodmorning!

I'm faced with following problem:

I've placed the community builder menu on the extreme left hand side of my page. This has the consequence, that if anyone wants to create a connection, the little purple form window does popup - but due to the left hand sie of the page, about a quater of it is cut off, ie invisible. This includes the submit button.

How do I go about readjusting the position of this little window? If anybody could point me in the direction of the relative files and line no. (or give me a more detailed answer - please!) I would be really grateful.

cheerio,
anna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39744 by subkubus
Replied by subkubus on topic Re:Connections "popup" form
After a bit more research in the nature of overLIB (the thingy-ma-bob which controls the little purple popup) - I've found the answer. Here it is for future reference:

In order to control the positioning of the Popup window relative to its anchor (ie the hyperlink) - go to components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu and open the cbmenu.php.

On line 922 you'll find following code segment:

[code:1]
."', CENTER,CLOSECLICK,CLOSETEXT,'"._UE_CLOSE_OVERLIB."',WIDTH,350, ANCHOR,'cbAddConn',ANCHORALIGN,'LR','UL');";
[/code:1]

What we're interested in, is the UL (right at the end). This stands for "Upper left" and denotes which corner is actually in contact with our point of reference/anchor.

As you'll remember, my problem was, that the window was opening too far left - it was impossible to click "submit" as this part of the form was "off the screen".

By changing UL to UR (upper right) - the window opens to the right of our anchor, instead of left. Alternative variables are also LL (lower left) and LR (lower right) - this makes the popup open above the anchor.

Hope this helps somebody ;)
cheerio,
anna

If you're interested into personalizing these popups even further - here's a couple of links:

www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/?Command_Reference

and

www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/?Plugin_-_Anchor

16 years 7 months ago #45951 by gil7002
Replied by gil7002 on topic Re:Connections "popup" form
To have a dropdown list with those options in the configuration tab would be cool.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn