Saying I'm logged in as someone else

15 years 7 months ago #72717 by werx
I'm setting up a site with CB installed, and I gave a link to a friend to ask their opinion. They said they were told they were logged in as me. They couldn't access any of the things you can when you're logged in but it shouldn't be telling them that.

I tested this by putting the link directly into a browser on a different computer of mine and encountered the same problem.

Could this be due to my use of the sh404SEF component to make the sites URLs more friendly? Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #72725 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Saying I'm logged in as someone else
It seems not to be CB as sites without CB have the same problem.

It's either server-related or another component-related.

Could you please:

1) tell exactly server software type and versions (e.g. apache, phpinfo results, etc)
and which joomla/mambo version is installed ?

2) which extensions are installed ?

3) if you install just joomla on same server does it also happen ?

4) if you install just joomla and CB ?

Thanks for helping us finding that problem (we heard reports on joomla forum on joomla 1.5.6 for this problem).

Please reply with points 1 and 2 already...then with 3 and 4.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #72811 by beat
Did you run a gallery 2 installation with caching ?

Is your joomla caching on ?

See this related thread:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=432&t=319565&p=1400513#p1400513

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #72974 by beat
Any news ?

We have marked this issue, although probably not CB related with high-priority, and are awaiting your reply :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn