Payment Data Transfer

6 years 1 month ago #303091 by wjgadmin
Payment Data Transfer was created by wjgadmin
Hi guys,
We’ve recently noticed a huge delay in PayPal IPNs with the standard gateway. I sent a support ticket to PayPal because one IPN took 51 minutes to even get sent back to us after payment was completed. The issue with this is that it can cause a member not to be able to log in during that 51 minutes even though their recurring payment was completed. The PayPal rep mentioned Payment Data Transfer being used instead. Is this something that could be implemented into the gateway to alleviate this issue? See his reply below:

“There are points within the IPN system that large delays can occur, I will admit that makes the particular produce of "Instant Payment Notifications" a but of a misnomer.

In the instances where it does need to be an immediate response I would recommend the product of Payment Data Transfer instead. It would redirect your customer back to your page and have the account processing data move with them.”

Finally thank you guys for a wonderful and very robust product!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303094 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Payment Data Transfer

CBSubs implements Paypal PDT, which is when the user returns to your site after payment. You should see those under "Notifications" in CBSubs admin area. But that is only the case for single payments and for the first payment at start of auto-recurring. Follow-up auto-recurring payment (payment subscriptions in paypal language) can only be notified to your site by IPNs.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

6 years 1 month ago #303095 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Payment Data Transfer
Most excellent, thank you for explaining that. I am glad it’s implemented already and that is the exact problem on the recurring payments indeed.
Is there any way you can think of to delay the users expiration by an hour so they don’t experience not being able to log in due to PayPal issues? Thank you kindly

6 years 1 month ago #303096 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Payment Data Transfer

wjgadmin wrote: Most excellent, thank you for explaining that. I am glad it’s implemented already and that is the exact problem on the recurring payments indeed.
Is there any way you can think of to delay the users expiration by an hour so they don’t experience not being able to log in due to PayPal issues? Thank you kindly

Just add a generous time in "Grace period before real expiration" plan setting in the Pricing tab, that covers worst delay (e.g. 1-2 days) as highly recommended for auto-recurring payments in our fine CBSubs manual ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds