[#7134] Promotions not applying correctly

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304336 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Promotions not applying correctly
Please see my 2nd and 3rd post in this discussion (they include images). The reason we don't prefer to use the "Apply full promo multiple times" is because some users may have more than one item in the basket before purchasing and we don't want the promo added more than once on any single payment.
In other words we want it to apply only the total amount of the promo once on the initial payment & only once on all following payments (recurring).

Also please note (as seen in the image in post 3), when we use "Apply full promo multiple times", it doesn't show the user the following payments. It only says "Total for first month $xx". It should say "Total for first month $xx, then $xx per month"

UPDATE: I see now in your pm, you're pointing this out also and it will be resolved in the next nightly build so thank you :) This does lead me to make sure I have the proper understanding before moving forward with the setting as follows:
I want to make sure that the promo can only be applied to any basket/payment one time until it is depleted and cannot be used multiple times within the same basket/payment. But it would be applied once to each recurring basket/payment also until depleted. So can you please confirm how to accomplish that? If I use the "Apply full promo multiple times" wouldn't that set it up so that the promo could be used to make the basket/payment free? Perhaps I just need a better understanding :) Thank you in advance!
Lastly I agree with your pm, it would look much better to say "Total per xxxxx", xxxxx being whatever the duration actually is :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304344 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Promotions not applying correctly
- New build is released with better text when discounts are applied, and is in the Downloads area.

- Looks like I missed your 3rd post, sorry about that.

- A promo coupon can be applied only once per basket.

- If you want to limit the uses per user to a single use, just limit to 1 the number of times the promo can be used in "Maximum uses per customer (0=unlimited)" setting. It will limit the number of times the user uses the promo in baskets, not the number of auto-recurring payments using it. However, if the payment subscription is cancelled by him or for other reasons, then the user wants to re-use the coupon then he won't be able to use it again. Not sure that you want this.

- Re your question: "But it would be applied once to each recurring basket/payment also until depleted": Not sure that I understand what you wish me to confirm: Here is what "until promotion amount is depleted" means in the CBSubs setting:

- When the setting "How this promotion applies to items in a basket" is set to "Apply promotion amount to all applicable items in order until promotion amount is depleted", it takes action only if you have a discount that is bigger than an item that you are discounting. Put mouse over the setting to see an example how the discount is applied to multiple plans (only IF that promotion is applicable to different plans which is not the case of your promo) in case the first plan is not enough. E.g. 2 plans of 50$ for total of 100$ and a discount of 70$ applicable to both plans: With that setting total will be 30$. With the other setting, total would be 0$ as 70$ would be applied to each plan: Does this answer your question ?

- Looking at that definition, I do agree that not applying the discount to the follow-up auto-recurring payments when that setting is applied might be a bit far reached, and as such could justify (yet) a different promotion setting.

- Best is always to test your settings on your test-server like you did, to make sure your configuration corresponds to what you want. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjgadmin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn