[#7134] Promotions not applying correctly

5 years 11 months ago #304285 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Promotions not applying correctly
Hi any update on this? We have an important event coming up on Thursday and need to offer ongoing promotions. Can you please update me? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304296 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Promotions not applying correctly
I am totally unable to reproduce your bug, despite trying all possible settings, aside of those you disclosed.

Which versions of CBSubs (CBSubs integrations plugins must be same version) and CB are you running ?

If you are not running the very latest build from our Downloads, please update first. There was a bug in promos that has been fixed quite some time ago.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304299 by wjgadmin
I am running CB 2.1.4 with CBSubs 4.2.0+build.2018.04.03.17.01.22.ef7c42874

I believe there is a more recent nightly build which I will be happy to update to, however this version is very new and was only recently installed. This is happening on every single promo, meaning it is disregarding the 2nd and following payments using the discount. Please advise what I need to do. If you like I can update to the latest nightly build, but I don't think that will solve it since you mentioned it was a bug from some time ago.
Are you saying the promos are working on your 2nd and following payments? Do they show on the invoice? As you can see from my earlier images they do not even show correctly on our invoice page for the payments. I've also checked stripe dashboard and they are not being submitted properly there either. Meaning they show the discounted first payment, but the future payments are not discounted via the stripe subscription.

UPDATE: also checked the version of CBSubs Promotions which is 4.2.0+build.2018.04.03.17.01.22.ef7c42874

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304315 by beat
Please update to latest, that's the one i'm testing that works fine here.

EDIT: Yes, promo shows correctly for the same value for period, and is valid on recurrings too.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 11 months ago #304318 by wjgadmin
Still having the same issue with all promos. Please note everything is the latest version including joomla, cb, cbsubs etc....

So you can see for yourself I've setup a test site for you to log in and view. Please let me know what could be causing this. I will pm you the details to log in.
You can setup a test account if you like and then create a new promotion and see if it shows correctly on the invoice/payment page. Please do NOT complete the payment however for the obvious reasons :)

5 years 11 months ago #304335 by beat
Ok, I have looked in your settings. And, in fact, it behaves like it has been set up:

Your setting (at bottom of basic settings tab of the promo 39months) for "How this promotion applies to items in a basket" is set to "Apply promotion amount to all applicable items in order until promotion amount is depleted", which is the case here in the first payment: The first payment is higher than the promo, so it doesn't apply to subsequent ones.

Setting it to "Apply full promotion amount multiple times to each applicable item line" fixes your issue.

Any reasons to have put that setting to non-default ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn