[SOLVED] [#8035] Installation error

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #318872 by hayesjames
[SOLVED] [#8035] Installation error was created by hayesjames
Having an installation problem with the plugin. I get this when trying to complete the first step of clicking on Payment Centre:

Table 'joomla_5.#__cbsubs_family' doesn't exist

I thought it was a DB error within CB so went to tools and check the DB and it found a problem with the table, but when clicking to fix it I get:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #318873 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Installation error
Ok, looks like your host has incorrectly configured MySQL InnoDb (pre-MYSQL 5.6 defaults is 767, but normally it's 3072).

You can ask your hoster to configure correctly InnoDb.

But we will also do a nightly release in a few minutes with a shorter index too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayesjames

3 years 9 months ago #318874 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic Installation error
Oh that's amazing, thanks Beat.
Let me know when it's out.
Cheers
James

3 years 9 months ago #318875 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#8035] Installation error
Ok, to go around your misconfigured host, a new CBSubs nightly build is released (you need to upgrade at least the Family Plans plugin).

To upgrade CB plugins to the latest versions is easy:
For CB plugins, login first to www.joomlapolis.com if not logged in.
Then with same browser go to your site to Extensions / Community Builder / Plugins, then click Install plugin button, and go to "Install from Web" tab.

There you will see any upgrades that are available free for you. If not, just click the small refresh icon at bottom right to get the page updated and the plugins visible.

During upgrade process, please make sure that you have no installation in the Failed column.

Tracker item: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8035

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #318876 by hayesjames
Replied by hayesjames on topic [#8035] Installation error
Slightly different problem, but it says:

Error

Upload new plugin - error
No URL selected
Failed to save Install CB Plugin because: Installation error

Ii feel like such a noob !!!!
Attachments:

3 years 9 months ago #318877 by beat
Replied by beat on topic [#8035] Installation error
You need to click the small "recycle" icon at bottom right first, near "will refresh in a day". Then only when you have the updates visible in a new "Updates" menu on the left, click the "Update All" button above it.

Yes, I agree that this "force refresh" icon is a bit small...

The following user(s) said Thank You: hayesjames

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn