[SOLVED] Import users

17 years 4 months ago #25757 by brendonhatcher
[SOLVED] Import users was created by brendonhatcher
Hi

I have created a fairly simple, well-documented method of importing a large user list into Community Builder.

The process requires phpMyAdmin access, an Excel spreadsheet (attached), and a careful reading of my documentation (attached).

I'd appreciate feedback from users, as well as suggestions on how to streamline the process.

Regards
Brendon

Attachment import_users.zip not found

- word doc and excel file
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26056 by billt
Replied by billt on topic Re:[SOLVED] Import users
Great Job on the notes. I took your notes with the Juice and made a revision for all to use. Take a look www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,26055/catid,24/

17 years 2 months ago #28845 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:[SOLVED] Import users
Ok, so to import users I use Brendon spreadsheet and for bulk edits I use Juice?

17 years 2 months ago #28958 by martinschm
Replied by martinschm on topic Re:[SOLVED] Import users
hi,

the instructions of your spreadsheet say that the light blue fields have excel equations that would bring in data. if i however click on the fields there is no equation show. if i enter data in the white fields nothing happens.

also, the columns B & C for name and username are marked as light blue (so according to the instructions i shouldn't edit them) but don't i need to enter this data?

cheers
martin

17 years 1 week ago #33542 by brendonhatcher
Replied by brendonhatcher on topic Re:[SOLVED] Import users
Apologies for the delay in responding. I wasn't subscribed to this thread.

The blue columns do contain equations. I just haven't copied the equations to the rest of the rows because I don't know how many users you have. If you click on cell B4 or C4, for example, you'll see the equations. Just AutoFill these for subsequent rows.

The userfields in columns B and C get their data from columns further to the right. To enter the user's first name, for example, go to column Y.

Hope that clears it all up.

Regards
Brendon

16 years 9 months ago #38789 by revkang
Replied by revkang on topic Re:[SOLVED] Import users
can you email me revkang@mail.com
if you are able or interested in running a transfer for our school? (about 2-3 hundred folks)
for a fee?

thanks so much

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn