Fatal error: allowed memory size exhausted

17 years 3 months ago #26117 by mikko
xainoo wrote:

why is community builder causing trouble when I try to view the profile page, it really creates the exact same thing, I tried to disable plugins but it just happens again and again, any solution other than increasing the memory in php.ini or .htaccess because my host just doesn't allow it!

Your options are basically
-switch hosting provider
-seriosly hack the code and replace all mysql joins and do the same in php
-not to use cb

and really, why should it take all this!
thank you!

Because you want to use this piece of software rather than something else? No-one is pushing this software to you, so if you do not like it, just don't use it.

With database there is always a trade of between performance and memory use. Most people have sufficient memory and want speed.

-mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/12/03 12:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #26252 by xainoo
easy easy, I love Community Builder
I was just so disappointed because I was trying to solve this problem and it really hurts me not to be able to add more plugins to CB!

17 years 3 months ago #26289 by nant
xainoo wrote:

easy easy, I love Community Builder
I was just so disappointed because I was trying to solve this problem and it really hurts me not to be able to add more plugins to CB!

CB 1.0.2 has major performance improvements. If you still have memory problems you should also take a look at other components or modules you installed. They may be the cause.

17 years 3 months ago #26296 by xainoo
ok,
thanks,
but now I try to activate the author content tab and I get 500 internal error,
I disabled connections plugin and I disabled the 2 connections tabs

Post edited by: xainoo, at: 2006/12/05 09:55

17 years 3 months ago #26874 by Bachi
Hey everyone,

really serious dicussion here, because researching for a solution, I found, that quite a lot are having this problem.

In my case there could be an easy solution. I'm using Joomlaboard togehter with CB. So now, when I hit the "View Profile" button in the posting of a user i get the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /homepages/29/d133797749/htdocs/Joomla/components/com_bookmarks/bookmarks.class.php on line 1342

I found out that the link to the profile generated by joomlaboard has been:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=129&Itemid=1

Itemid=1 is causing the trouble. If I set Itemid=10 or anything else, or let it away, I'm getting rid of the problem.

Do you know, where in the code I can manage, that it sets a different Itemid if it tries to view the profile???

Thanks
Alex

17 years 1 month ago #31597 by Petter Jensen
Replied by Petter Jensen on topic Re:Fatal error: allowed memory size exhausted
Hi

Seems like I have run into the same problem here... just put up the CB on one of my sites after some testing internally. Worked smoothly at first, but now it seems it is getting some problems...

I am running this on a shared host, so for now it seems like I don't get to increase memory in php.ini

Also tried to insert a memory increase both in the module script causing the error and the .htaccess file. No result on the first, the latter took down the whole site (so I probably did something really wrong there...)

Any other way to solve this - except starting to strip the site of modules/components?

How much memory does CB normally require?

best,
Petter :)

[edit]
Seems like I found the reason for this and another problem with activating accounts: There is an issue with the acajoom newsletter integration (1.1.5) - turning CB plugin off, makes everything work properly... so some more research as to what this is then...

Post edited by: Petter Jensen, at: 2007/02/20 13:42

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn