upload images in forum?

17 years 10 months ago #12531 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:upload images in forum?
haha. overlooked the forum part :)

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #53119 by pastnve
Replied by pastnve on topic Re:upload images in forum?
I'm a noob. I had the same problem. I discovered in CB if you go into Admin_Menu>>Components>>Community_Builder>>Tools, one of the options will be "Check Community Builder Database". This runs a series of tests and will report anomalies in your database (and also the directory structures). In my case, I had read all of the posts about opening up permissions on the images directory but, being new, I was looking at the wrong directory. The above check discovered that the web server could not read/write to the desired directory. In fact, it the directory didn't even exist so I suspect the installed couldn't create but moved on. So, I created the problem dir reported by the above tester then I opened permissions and it worked. So, the lesson is not to be fooled by chmod'ing the wrong dir. Use the checker and it will present the full path of the offending directory and then it's quite simple to fix.

16 years 3 months ago #53120 by pastnve
I'm a noob. I had the same problem. I discovered in CB if you go into Admin_Menu>>Components>>Community_Builder>>Tools, one of the options will be "Check Community Builder Database". This runs a series of tests and will report anomalies in your database (and also the directory structures). In my case, I had read all of the posts about opening up permissions on the images directory but, being new, I was looking at the wrong directory. The above check discovered that the web server could not read/write to the desired directory. In fact, it the directory didn't even exist so I suspect the installed couldn't create but moved on. So, I created the problem dir reported by the above tester then I opened permissions and it worked. So, the lesson is not to be fooled by chmod'ing the wrong dir. Use the checker and it will present the full path of the offending directory and then it's quite simple to fix.

16 years 3 months ago #53121 by pastnve

16 years 2 months ago #53678 by ZillionZ1
Replied by ZillionZ1 on topic Re:upload images in forum?
Reply'ing with sort of same problem:

My users can't update their picture in their profile. Some error occurs when they want to upload a picture.

I know that the permissions are open.

but when i do a dbcheck, i still see that a part still isn't writable. But everything is writable...

Could someone help me with this? thnx.

16 years 2 months ago #53685 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:upload images in forum?
take a closer look at the red message.

compare it to your screenshot.

notice the difference?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn