Coloured Online Offline Status

17 years 7 months ago #19222 by doctorlife
Coloured Online Offline Status was created by doctorlife
I open this topic to countinue an old one
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,8/id,2606/

Please, do anybody answer me ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #19653 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Coloured Online Offline Status
Nobody :(

17 years 6 months ago #19814 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Coloured Online Offline Status
as stated: cb 1.0 *fixed* the problem with displaying that specific language file string. It did not implementing that feature in core.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 6 months ago #19996 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Coloured Online Offline Status
So,
It seem there isn't a setting in General table into configuration, but there are icons inside images folder
and isn't a setting in "User Status" tab

simply because there isn't this feature :blink: ???

But into the image folder there are the images for that yet,
is it right ?

16 years 9 months ago #40008 by bigfoot_3000
Replied by bigfoot_3000 on topic Re:Coloured Online Offline Status
Hi,

I recently changed the Online and Offline colours to show RED as ONLINE and GRAY as OFFLINE.

I changed this in the dafault_language.php and put this following code:

DEFINE('_UE_ISONLINE','<font color="red">Online</strong></font>');
DEFINE('_UE_ISOFFLINE','<font color="gray">Offline</strong></font>');

But when I go into Connections, I am presented with this error on a member connection for their status:

Offline" title="Offline" /> MemberName

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong or how to correct this?

Thank you Kindly,

BigFOOT_3000

16 years 3 months ago #51330 by lostlaowai
Replied by lostlaowai on topic Re:Coloured Online Offline Status
Hey Bigfoot, I was doing almost exactly what you were doing (I was using spans and CSS, not 'font', as 'font' is a bit of a nono these days).

Regardless, the problem was the same. However, I found a quick little work around and wanted to share it in case anyone is having similar problems.

Adding the code to the language file works perfect for the status indicator in the user lists and the profile area, but as Bigfoot stated, it pooches when it comes to the Connections tab.

The reason is because the php for the connections tab calls the language definition and inserts it into another tag (an img's alt and title tag), then, because there are quotes in it (in BF's example "red" and "gray"), this screws everything up.

So, all I did was change the tags to ones not using quotes and then used CSS. My language file looks like this:
[code:1]DEFINE('_UE_ISONLINE','<em>ONLINE</em>');
DEFINE('_UE_ISOFFLINE','<strong>OFFLINE</strong>');[/code:1]
That's located here:
\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\default_language.php

Then I just added some CSS to my template's CSS file. As I wanted the "OFFLINE" to simply be bold, I didn't need to change that. And for the ONLINE, I wanted it bold, and green:

[code:1].cbPosRight .cbStatusList em, #cbUserTable em {color:#66cc00; font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;}[/code:1]

This fixes it for the user's profile status list and in user list. Modifications will be needed if you have your status indicators in other locations - just check your source code to see what classes/ids are affecting it.

Hope that's straight forward enough. This REALLY should be part of the core.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn