Can't install any plugin cb1.0.2!

17 years 5 months ago #26548 by joseph21
Can't install any plugin cb1.0.2! was created by joseph21
Hello,

I can't install any plugin using the plugin manager of CB. I tried installing several other plugs but still no clue why it always "Failed". ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package. "ERROR: Could not find a CB XML setup file in the package."

I've been editing my J! site in a local WAMP server.. could this be the cause of the problem? It was working fine before when I used to edit everything online, but after editing locally and doing importing the sql dump has made some of these errors. I need some help here please..

-Joseph

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27326 by shaeleigh
Replied by shaeleigh on topic Re:Can't install any plugin cb1.0.2!
I cannot install plugins either, but all I get is a blank page now. I had gotten the xml error you mentioned when it first begain having a problem. I tried a fresh install, but no joy.

17 years 4 months ago #27341 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Can't install any plugin cb1.0.2!
Sorry not enough details...

Please read sticky here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,19649/catid,30/

Also turn site debugging on in joomla global configuration, maybe an error is reported. Also take a look at source of the blank page, maybe it's not completely blank ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #27350 by shaeleigh
I'm sorry...I was referencing something posted earlier, and wasn't clear at all.

I found I can install plugins (theoretically, anyway...I can't see the front end to tell if they work there) using the install from directory method. That works seemingly normally.

I cannot install uploaded files. When I hit 'upload' the page goes blank. No error messages (although earlier on another site that is having the same issues, I did get the xml not found error that is mentioned in an earlier post in this thread).

My front end will not display anything related to the cb component. I did check that everything was enabled and tried over-writing files, reinstalling, etc. None of that has worked. I am not sure what to try next.

What the source code says, on the blank page, is this:

[code:1]<html><body></body></html>[/code:1]

The site is www.morethanjustpretty.com if you want to look around for clues.

PS:

I've just discovered that when I click (from the forum profile link) (mysite)/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=&task=userDetails
I get a 500 internal server error. That seems like permissions to me, but I don't know what to check for, or what they should officially be set to. I have not found that info anywhere (searched here, googled it, and looked on a few other joomla related sites).

Post edited by: shaeleigh, at: 2006/12/20 02:44

17 years 4 months ago #27368 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Can't install any plugin cb1.0.2!
beat wrote:

Also turn site debugging on in joomla global configuration, maybe an error is reported. Also take a look at source of the blank page, maybe it's not completely blank ;)

Please do that ( 1) turn on debugging 2) look at source).

There must be an error reported.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 4 months ago #27403 by shaeleigh
I will do that this evening. In the meantime, my host, who was also looking into the matter (of the 500 error), had this to say:

We suspect that the problem is due to the PHP memory limit being exceeded by your Joomla. We have submitted a request to our operations team to increase the PHP memory allocated to your account. Please allow 6 to 12 hours for the changes to be made.

If the debugging, etc., that I do tonight, as per your suggestion, also supports this (and I suspect it will), my next question is whether it will be okay to just operate with the higher memory allocation? If that ends up fixing the problem, is that sufficient as a 'fix', or do I need to figure out how to get the site to use less memory?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn