You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude

17 years 5 months ago #26567 by supern00b
You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude was created by supern00b
I suppose this is more of a GoogleMaps issue, but I just can't find any support on this one anywhere.

I've got googlemaps in with cb and now any time someone on the site tries to update their profile it tells them that they must enter a number for the latitude. However, the latitude field is populated already.

My client is frustrated and has asked me to take a look at it, and I'm at a loss.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #26596 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude
It could be one of several issues.

First thing that comes to mind is that under Google Maps advanced configuration settings, you have the coordinates checked off as being required.

Or, the CB fields that store the user's coordinates are set as required. You can change that in CB's field management.

If neither works, you might also want to check the CB Google Map plugin parameters to see if they're correctly mapped to the fields in CB that store information about a user's location.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 4 months ago #26620 by supern00b
Replied by supern00b on topic Re:You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude
pointri wrote:

It could be one of several issues.

First thing that comes to mind is that under Google Maps advanced configuration settings, you have the coordinates checked off as being required.

Nope. I tried it with every combination of required and not required. No dice. :(

pointri wrote:

Or, the CB fields that store the user's coordinates are set as required. You can change that in CB's field management.

Tried that as well. Went so far as to check in the mysql db and make sure they weren't marked as required there also.

pointri wrote:

If neither works, you might also want to check the CB Google Map plugin parameters to see if they're correctly mapped to the fields in CB that store information about a user's location.

Yup. They were.

I've given up and gone with joogle. MUCH easier to install, links directly to the profiles, shows a thumbnail of the homepage listed, and WAY easy to customize the content of the map and the bubble.
Thanks anyhow!

17 years 2 months ago #31385 by N6REJ
I must be really stupid because I've installed googlemap, joogle, and geocode and don't see half the screens that others show. I would think it would get the users data from their registration. My joogle map doesn't do a thing other then say I've got the wrong api which I shouldn't have.

Bear

16 years 10 months ago #40124 by geografree
Replied by geografree on topic Re:You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude
I'm stuck here too:

"You must enter a number for the latitude." Anyone know how to install geocoder?

16 years 10 months ago #40373 by ericmuc
Replied by ericmuc on topic Re:You Must Enter a Number for The Latitude
geografree wrote:

I'm stuck here too:

"You must enter a number for the latitude." Anyone know how to install geocoder?

me too, is there no one who knows a little bit about that? It would be very helpful ...

Thank you very much, Eric

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn