Fatal Error: Memory Size?

17 years 2 days ago #34429 by Janz
Fatal Error: Memory Size? was created by Janz
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\main\modules\mod_cblogin.php on line 319

Well...i have Joomla 1.0.12..or the newest one and i just downloaded 1.02 of Community Builder or the newest community builder but when i install community builder...i get this little error.

I've tried this process 4 times and nothing has changed..and i follow the readme....so ya...can anybody help me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 days ago #34430 by Janz
Replied by Janz on topic Re:Fatal Error: Memory Size?
never mind figured it out

16 years 11 months ago #35009 by chatfield
Replied by chatfield on topic Re:Fatal Error: Memory Size?
Hey Janz,

I'm now getting the same message. What was the problem?

16 years 11 months ago #35013 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Fatal Error: Memory Size?
the problem is that php was running out of memory on the specific installations.

this problem has been addressed many times before - search the forums.

16 years 11 months ago #35047 by chatfield
Replied by chatfield on topic Re:Fatal Error: Memory Size?
thank you for the incredibly helpful reply.

Searching the forums is how I found this post that someone had actually solved the problem. The rest of the posts were about "it may be this" or "it may be that"

Perhaps I should have stated my question better to Janz...How did you fix the problem, exactly?

It's my understanding that the purpose of a forum is to help users who may not be as knowlegable on a particular subject become better educated. It seems counterproductive to admonish a visitor for asking a question when they obviously had no success in finding the information they were seeking. Unfortunatly, this seems to be the norm in technical forums these days.

16 years 11 months ago #35051 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Fatal Error: Memory Size?
chatfield wrote:

thank you for the incredibly helpful reply.

Searching the forums is how I found this post that someone had actually solved the problem. The rest of the posts were about "it may be this" or "it may be that"

Perhaps I should have stated my question better to Janz...How did you fix the problem, exactly?

It's my understanding that the purpose of a forum is to help users who may not be as knowlegable on a particular subject become better educated. It seems counterproductive to admonish a visitor for asking a question when they obviously had no success in finding the information they were seeking. Unfortunatly, this seems to be the norm in technical forums these days.

doing a search for you,

I found this thread:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,29/id,26115/#26115

it discusses these problems and suggests solutions.

Basically, memory problems appear for various reasons in various installations.

A badly coded module (that appears on all pages) might take up alot of memory and cause something else (trying to allocate and extra memory amount) to fail. It does not necessarily mean that the actual component or module is badly coded and needs to be fixed.

Since you have not really provided any insite about versions and other components or modules you are using - the only thing I can personally help with is to point you to similar problems - which again I state are not CB related (CB 1.0.2 has major improvements).

To make things even clearer, you need to:

- either figure out what is causing the extra memory load
- increase your allowed memory allocation.

the second option you can google about (see thread I pointed you to) and basically involves changing your site's php.ini file to allow more memory allocation. In most cases this is accomplished by your hosting company.

Your rephrased question (see my signature about asking quesions) could generate a reply ... I do not really know what is causing the problem because YOU have not given us the entire picture - just the final symptom. You can treat the symptom by increasing the allocated memory - which is accomplished by editing your php.ini file if allowed or asking your hosting provider to do it for you.

I will stick this thread in hopes that someone else with a similar problem will read it in the future (or I will probably ignore similar posts or ask them to search the forums or at most point them back to this thread).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn