[SOLVED] mambo 4.6.2 login broken with CB 1.0.2

16 years 10 months ago #37577 by Callisto
I can't seem to sign into the frontend of CB since I updated my mambo to 4.6.2. Could anybody please tell me what I should do about that? Thanks a ton

[EDIT: changed title to reflect problem for forum searches]

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/05/25 14:22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #37631 by andrew_jackman
Replied by andrew_jackman on topic Re:Can't sign in to front end of CB..
I have the same problem! I upgraded my 4.6.1 site to 4.6.2 and now the Community Builder login module doesn't seem to work. When I press the login button (or logout if I'm logged in) I get redirected to a blank page.

I've reverted to the default mod_login module for now, but it's not ideal. :(

Andrew

16 years 10 months ago #37831 by andrew_jackman
I posted on Mambo Foundation( forum.mambo-foundation.org/showthread.php?t=5090 ) and Mambo Forum ( forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?p=409389#post409389 )with no response so far. It seems only one other person has the same problem.

Is there anyone out there using Community Builder successfully with Mambo 4.6.2?

I'd like to debug this myself, but I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andrew

16 years 10 months ago #37839 by schelly
Replied by schelly on topic Re:Can't sign in to front end of CB..
Hi Andrew, Hi Callisto,

I don't know Mambo of any version really well. I do know that there's a similar problem in Joomla if your $mosConfig_live_site in configuration.php doesn't have the www. after the http: and before the domainname.com.

I have no idea if this will be at all helpful, but I sure hope so.

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!

16 years 10 months ago #37882 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Can't sign in to front end of CB..
andrew_jackman wrote:

I have the same problem! I upgraded my 4.6.1 site to 4.6.2 and now the Community Builder login module doesn't seem to work. When I press the login button (or logout if I'm logged in) I get redirected to a blank page.

I've reverted to the default mod_login module for now, but it's not ideal. :(

Andrew

As usual when you get a blank page try looking for the php error generated but not displayed.

- either in the errors log of the domain or server
- or turn site debug on in global site config, and then try again.
- if still blank, take a look at page source, sometimes the errors are hidden there.

Please report back the php error you see. You are also welcome to join our testteam, we're looking for mambo 4.6.2 testers for upcoming CB release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 10 months ago #37965 by andrew_jackman
beat wrote:
As usual when you get a blank page try looking for the php error generated but not displayed.

- either in the errors log of the domain or server
- or turn site debug on in global site config, and then try again.
- if still blank, take a look at page source, sometimes the errors are hidden there.

Please report back the php error you see. You are also welcome to join our testteam, we're looking for mambo 4.6.2 testers for upcoming CB release.[/quote]

OK, I don't have access to the logs, so the first option is out.

Option 2, turning on debug doesn't help, because I don't get a page to see the debug output on.

Looking at the page source didn't reveal anything.

So, playing a bit more, if I try to login using mod_cblogin with IE6.0, I get the default IE "Cannot find server" page. In Firefox (which I usually use) I just get a blank page.

I tried looking at the code for mod_cblogin.php. Unfortunately the lack of functions and abstraction made understanding the code impossible, without total immersion in it. It would be much easier if it was decomposed into small functions that each did a specific task. :evil:

Anyway, I'm wondering if the module isn't able to connect to the server to lookup the user id from mod_users, and hence failing???

Any further suggestions?

Andrew

P.S. I'd be happy to test the upcoming Mambo 4.6.2 release of CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn