update profiles not saving thru frontend

16 years 5 months ago #49634 by lkbenning
Replied by lkbenning on topic Re:update profiles not saving thru frontend
I'm having problems seeing some of the messages on this forum. I posted a reply before and can't see it in the thread but see it as the last message posted in the topic history when going to post a new message.

I'm just posting again in case others can't see my previous post either:

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

My site is not saving any updates users make to porfiles through the front end - in firefox nothing happens and in IE a dialog box pops up saying "Stack Overlow at Libe 0".

User can upload a profile picture, upload photo's through cb/nant's gallery and make posts through the profile book plug-in - no other changes can be made though.

Any suggestions anyone? My site is www.britishwrestling.co.uk if you can spot anything obvious there.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #51808 by stimpy
Replied by stimpy on topic Re:update profiles not saving thru frontend
I did find the cause, but the solution creates an other problem. The cuase lies in Joomla's new SEO. If you turn SEO on and back off, users can't change their profile.
Turning SEO back on, does give users the ability to change their profile, but now images on the user's profile page are lost. The url of the image is affected by the SEO as well and looks like this:

[code:1]components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/dutch/images/nophoto.jpg/component/comprofiler[/code:1]
Note the /component/comprofiler after the filename.

I'm guessing this is the same reason why users can't upload an image to their profile or select an image from the gallery.

I did change the template to both standard templates Rhuk and Beez, but both have the same problem.

Post edited by: stimpy, at: 2007/12/05 13:44

15 years 7 months ago #71953 by michielc
Replied by michielc on topic Re:update profiles not saving thru frontend
There is a way to solve the problem

Search for:
[code:1]$altText = ' alt="' . strip_tags( sprintf( _UE_INFORMATION_FOR_FIELD, $tipTitle , $fieldTip ) ) . '"';[/code:1]

and change the _UE_INFORMATION_FOR_FIELD to ""

and the errors are gone.

15 years 6 months ago #75214 by djkms
Changed the code in previous post to "" in my comprofiler.class.php file. Nothing changed, am I editing the wrong php file?

15 years 6 months ago #75960 by diego06
Replied by diego06 on topic Re:update profiles not saving thru frontend
michielc wrote:

There is a way to solve the problem

Search for:
[code:1]$altText = ' alt="' . strip_tags( sprintf( _UE_INFORMATION_FOR_FIELD, $tipTitle , $fieldTip ) ) . '"';[/code:1]

and change the _UE_INFORMATION_FOR_FIELD to ""

and the errors are gone.

In what page?

thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn