Disable Joomla Registration-Force CB Registration?

15 years 8 months ago #69005 by ziggy03
if you are using joomla 1.5 & cb 1.2 and want to redirect & to cb 1.2 login module here is what you do:-
1. go to joomla global configuration from your admin account and deactivate allow user registration (set it to "NO")
2. Then using your ftp client locate cb 1.2's login module (i use cb 1.1 and its module login is mod_cblogin.php found in "path_to_your_joomla_1.5_directory/modules/mod_cblogin/)(i don't know if its the same for cb 1.2.. try your luck but the next steps will remain the same)
3.download the file on to your hard drive and rename it to default_login.php *NO EDITION OR HACKS TO THE CODE*
4. Now from your ftp client open the directory of the template you are using for joomla. (here i use the example of joomla 1.5 default template called ruhk_milkway)
5. the path should be "path_to_your_joomla_1.5_directory/tempelates/rhuk_milkyway/html once you are in the html directory of your tempelate create this folder if it is not there "CREATE FOLDER ='com_user'"
6. Open the com_user folder and create another folder named "login"
7. Now open the login folder and just upload the default_login.php that you created in step no. 3 and thats that.
NOW all your unregistered/unlogged users will be forced to cb's login module if they click on links that requires registered users and also from this page they can create a new account through cb registration page.

I am an Indian; I know about & believe in Karma way before forums were even invented ;-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #69078 by bennyhill
Thanks for ths ziggy03! I been tearing my hair out trying to force the Joomla to use the CB Login. Following the instructions worked fine for the main CB login mod on my home page but several users were signing up with the joomla login which persistently appeared when they tried to access restricted documents!!

15 years 8 months ago #69272 by beat
ziggy03 wrote:

if you are using joomla 1.5 & cb 1.2 and want to redirect & to cb 1.2 login module here is what you do:-
1. go to joomla global configuration from your admin account and deactivate allow user registration (set it to "NO")
2. Then using your ftp client locate cb 1.2's login module (i use cb 1.1 and its module login is mod_cblogin.php found in "path_to_your_joomla_1.5_directory/modules/mod_cblogin/)(i don't know if its the same for cb 1.2.. try your luck but the next steps will remain the same)
3.download the file on to your hard drive and rename it to default_login.php *NO EDITION OR HACKS TO THE CODE*
4. Now from your ftp client open the directory of the template you are using for joomla. (here i use the example of joomla 1.5 default template called ruhk_milkway)
5. the path should be "path_to_your_joomla_1.5_directory/tempelates/rhuk_milkyway/html once you are in the html directory of your tempelate create this folder if it is not there "CREATE FOLDER ='com_user'"
6. Open the com_user folder and create another folder named "login"
7. Now open the login folder and just upload the default_login.php that you created in step no. 3 and thats that.
NOW all your unregistered/unlogged users will be forced to cb's login module if they click on links that requires registered users and also from this page they can create a new account through cb registration page.

Thanks for contributing this howto to the community :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #72403 by mikeymike
Ok, I have searched the whole world wide web for an answer on how to solve my problem: CB registration gives me annoying message "You must login first To access the Private Area of this site please Login"...

I was hoping this "Disable Joomla Registration" was going to do it, but :-(

My problem is that when I hit the "Send registration" at the bottom of the CB registration form, prompts me with the standard joomla login form..

I use:
Joomla 1.5.3
ARTIO JoomSEF v3.2.0
Community Builder 1.1
Yootheme Nu template

15 years 6 months ago #76120 by ziggy03
there are three main steps to force PURE CB REGISTRATION & LOGIN!
Step 1. Disable joomla's default user reg.
Step.2 From CB configuration panel select 'force cb reg. irrelevant of joomla option' or sumthing like that.
Step. 3 Follow my instructions of creating a core joomla re direct!

I am an Indian; I know about & believe in Karma way before forums were even invented ;-)

15 years 4 months ago #80453 by NateM
For CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.5.8 with legacy mode, there is no "force cb" option. Just "allow cb registrations". Disabling registration does not redirect to cb registration. It merely throws up a 403 access forbidden error when I click on the register option. It also doesn't hide the joomla login.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn