smf plugin

17 years 9 months ago #18349 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
ok ok...

I see what you guys mean. There is actually no way of assigning a user to a SMF membergroup since you need to do that by clicking on each user, and there the CB profile is called...true.

I just checked now in the Joomlahacks Forum, and i didn't find anybody enquiring about this. I am surprised nobody did.

In Orstio's brideg i remember there is a tab in the bridge's administration in Joomla, where you syncronize Joomla and SMF users and you define which users in Joomla become members of what SMF memebergroups.

Cheers,
NiCo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #18350 by theelite
Replied by theelite on topic Re:smf plugin
as far as I know you can't sync member groups with joomlahacks version, I was also having the problem of realnames showing up no matter what I did with joomlahacks, anyone else experience this? brat thanks for all the work you are doing on this btw

17 years 9 months ago #18367 by slamit93
Replied by slamit93 on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
eh, like I said, there is a work around...

1. put the forum on maintenance mode
2. change profile setting in Joomla from CB to SMF
3. assign user groups
4. change profile setting back
5. take forum off of maintenance mode

kind of a pain in the butt, but at least it's an option. Still would be nice if there was a way it could be built into the plugin, but if not, that is understandable as well.

17 years 9 months ago #18368 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
Hello again. In the plugin I'm developing, the "workaround" I have provides the real link to the SMF profile page. In the Profile tab, I've included a link that takes you to the actual forum profile page for that user. If you're a forum administrator, you can literally get to (and per SMF's permissions edit) any member's profile.

For now, that's the best solution I could come up with, being that I'm not a "code stud" so to speak. :P But hey, it works, and it gets me where I need to go.

Okay, back to work for me!

Regards,
Brat.

17 years 9 months ago #18375 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
Quick question, and I hope it's not silly.

Where would you like the real (i.e., SMF) profile link to be in the tab? Towards the top or near the bottom?

It's a navigation thing - I just want to make sure I have the darned thing where people can easily find it. ;)

Regards,
Brat.

PS: Making great progress on it - now doing final Alpha testing. :side:

17 years 9 months ago #18376 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
Hey AlphaSuperDooperBrat...

Will i as an admin be able to choose to hide that link to users, so only me will see it when i get into a user's CB Profile??

Cheers,
NiCo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn