smf plugin

17 years 9 months ago #18850 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
At some point the CB Connector (was phpBB Connector) will have a SMF plugin added to it... I will keep an eye on this thread to see where it goes. CB Connector is 99% ready for a new plugin to be added. It is still in early Alpha release or I would drop you a copy with some quick notes on how to make a plugin for it...

Have only read the last page of posts... If you have trouble getting SMF connected there are some posts on SMF's site which can help... Took a bit to turn the tone from negative about CB to helpful but they were helpful in the end. You can search for my username there and find some of the discussions... ortiso (sp?) is the one that offered the last bit of advice on how to handle their sessions... have not watched their forum lately though and have not had time to code one up either... There was another SMF CB plugin that someone else (Wolverine) had written as well... do a search for that as well

Hope this helps,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #18851 by theelite
Replied by theelite on topic Re:smf plugin
hey brat, any updates on the plugin?

17 years 9 months ago #18854 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Re:smf plugin
theelite wrote:

hey brat, any updates on the plugin?

The plugin is actually almost done. Unfortunately, I have been put behind due to a death in the family just this Friday (found out about it right after I got in from work). The travel preparations, etc., have taken all of my time over the last couple of days. Fortunately, as I said, the bulk of the work is done, so I should have something ready by the end of this week.

Regards,
Brat.

17 years 9 months ago #18868 by theelite
Replied by theelite on topic Re:smf plugin
hey brat, no worries, i am sorry about your loss
please take your time

Post edited by: theelite, at: 2006/08/15 00:45

Post edited by: theelite, at: 2006/08/15 00:46

17 years 8 months ago #18979 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic CB-SMF plugins are released!
Hi, all. I have released the CB SMF plugins in this thread. .

Please note that I have officially turned over all files to the Joomlahacks Team for further improvement and development, as the team is dedicated to better CB integration and will incorporate the desired functionality.

I created these plugins because I needed them, and am now sharing this with the community. I am not a CB developer.

I hope this holds you over until the newer/better Joomlahacks packages come out. ;)

Regards,
Brat.

NOTE: These plugins do appear to work using the official (Ortisio) SMF bridge as well as the Joomlahacks version.

Post edited by: Brat, at: 2006/08/18 04:15

17 years 8 months ago #19062 by drummergirl
Replied by drummergirl on topic Re:Brat's Plugin
Brat wrote:

I just tested the following, and it worked in my lab.

[code:1]
array_push($search, $boardurl.'/index.php?action=pm;sa=send"'); //url for forum private messenger
array_push($replace, $mosConfig_live_site.'/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new"');
[/code:1]

Again, this has to be done at either a bridge level OR you can add it to the PM link section of your theme's main index template (as I explained in the previous push). On the bridge level it works regardless of what theme you use.

[/quote]

Could you offer a little more detail on how to accomplish this? I would love to force SMF to use UDDEIM for messaging on my site. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn