CB Roadmap

17 years 8 months ago #19225 by doctorlife
CB Roadmap was created by doctorlife
After CB 1.0 stable and the 1.0.1 fix, What is CB plan ?

What about old collaborations ?
What about collaborations are in working status ?
Is it possible have a list to know and understand ?

Thinking on CB importance, Why not open a CB reserved forum in joomloa.org with all modules and all plugins and with a public roadmap to follow and all components collaborations/integrations available ?

Many Thanks for Replies
Emiliano alias doctorlife

Post edited by: doctorlife, at: 2006/08/25 20:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19376 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Roadmap
All valid points - will get to them very soon - working heavily at this time but had to respond ...

17 years 8 months ago #19659 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:CB Roadmap
Hi Nant,

Thinking is really too important understand what's happening I opended this topic
forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,89244.0.html

I am inviting all you to reply here
many thanks

17 years 7 months ago #20392 by doctorlife
Another link add thinking is a very good feature to include into next CB release
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/1235/37/

17 years 7 months ago #20400 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Roadmap
doctorlife wrote:

After CB 1.0 stable and the 1.0.1 fix, What is CB plan ?

What about old collaborations ?
What about collaborations are in working status ?
Is it possible have a list to know and understand ?

Thinking on CB importance, Why not open a CB reserved forum in joomloa.org with all modules and all plugins and with a public roadmap to follow and all components collaborations/integrations available ?

Many Thanks for Replies
Emiliano alias doctorlife

Post edited by: doctorlife, at: 2006/08/25 20:36

I haven't discussed this with the rest of the CB team - so everything is just my opinion which in no way speaks for the rest of the CB Team.

Looking at what's happened to all of the components due to the Joomla 1.0.11 release - where alot of components were broken due to their dependency on Joomla default parameters - I just can't help but wonder what the impact of Joomla 1.5 will be on 3PD trying to keep their components upto date.

Joomla 1.5 is consuming alot of effort and the changes are many. Even though the goal is to keep things as backwards compatible as possible, I anticipate that alot of 3PD will have their handsfull just to keep up.

Many CB feature requests are based around Joomla functionality (or lack of). I am sure that when Joomla releases better ACL support that CB will be able to take advantage of the new structure thus providing alot of new (future-proof) features.

This of course does not mean that CB should be feature-less until Joomla 1.5 is released. IMO we should carefully select quick-win features that will survive the upgrade and features that are pure CB related. For example, I am under the impression that Joomla 1.5 will provide alot of backend support for sorting, searching, etc. CB can (and will) take advantage of these functions to enhance its backend functionality.
Joomla 1.5 also has alot of language handling changes that will most likely effect CB.

Don't get me wrong - everyone is very excited with Joomla 1.5 and alot of 3PD are already preparing/upgrading their components to firstly be compatible and secondly take advantage of extra functionality.

If I was an opensource developer, spending my precious free time supporting users and coding modules for them - free of charge - I would want to make sure that this effort is not wasted down the road.

Again - all of this - is my opinion and only mine!

B)

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/06 16:38

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/06 16:39

17 years 7 months ago #20881 by doctorlife
Hi Nants,

Many Thanks for your reply, I hope you'll be able soon to discuss with CB Team and have here also an "official" "roadmap" to help us in first to understand well what happen

PS after you moved CB I don't receive anymore mail reply notify :ohmy:
sorry if I'm not so quickly on repling

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn