hide tab when editing cb profile

14 years 8 months ago #104593 by kingnuss
hide tab when editing cb profile was created by kingnuss
...when a user edits his profile, there is a tab shown "profile gallery" with info about quota.

now I do not want my users to see that tab...
how can I hide/remove that tab on profile edit view?

thanks,
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #116022 by atlscoob
Replied by atlscoob on topic Re:hide tab when editing cb profile
I too need to hide a tab in Edit view. I am using the Privacy Plugin and have the tab and fields on it blocked from editing. By doing this the fields are hidden in edit view but the empty tab is visible.

Is this a bug? If not how do I get the tab to be hidden now that it can't be edited?

14 years 4 months ago #117932 by maxilob
Replied by maxilob on topic Re:hide tab when editing cb profile
Hello everybody!

I also need to HIDE some tabs from users view when they click on "Update your profile"

Is there anybody who can help us? We are now three trying to solve this issue, and I can guess there are more people with the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

14 years 3 months ago #118156 by hivver
Replied by hivver on topic Re:hide tab when editing cb profile
We are 4, hey guys i found a way to hide the gallery tab when user edit mode.

I actually commented the function that renders the user edit mode html from profile gallery.

If someone wants to hide it too, let me know i'll share the file here its from the latest version of profile gallery.

the only warning is that the function will not be available until you uncomment it from the php file.
also, if you want... i'll help you to find the code for any plugin you want to hide in user edit view, but the warning is the same.

i dont know if there is a easier way to hide tabs from user edit view, but i guess there is not.

14 years 3 months ago #118157 by hivver
Replied by hivver on topic Re:hide tab when editing cb profile
atlscoob wrote:

I too need to hide a tab in Edit view. I am using the Privacy Plugin and have the tab and fields on it blocked from editing. By doing this the fields are hidden in edit view but the empty tab is visible.

Is this a bug? If not how do I get the tab to be hidden now that it can't be edited?

If you are suscriber and have that privacy plugin i guess you have to check your cb configuration in the option "User Profiles /Show empty tabs" and choose "hide"

I can't asure you that will solve it for you, but in theory it would.

pd. sorry for double posting, but one is independet from the other.

Post edited by: hivver, at: 2009/12/02 05:01

14 years 3 months ago #118159 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:hide tab when editing cb profile
atlscoob wrote:

No, there's an option in CB Settings that allow you to hide empty tabs or fields.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn