Read this first!

17 years 10 months ago #12614 by nant
Read this first! was created by nant
This forum is focussed on the CB Gallery plugin. It was developed by Nick A. (nant) basically as a learning excersice (well I guess it turned out more of a Master's Thesis). Professors JoomlaJoe and Beat sponsored this learning effort. Rembrandt contributed the icon set for the buttons and default image types.

The idea behind this project (beyond the learning experience) was to produce a CB profile tab that would allow profile owners to upload and publish (with or without moderation) gallery items (images or other file types). It has no plans on competing with real gallery systems (i.e., gallery2). It focuses on providing controls so that an admin can specify different allowable quotas for individual users.

The current version is CB Gallery 1.0 RC2

REMINDER: This plugin needs CB 1.0 Stable (or above) to be fully functional! In fact, as of RC2 of the plugin, it cannot even be installed on CB installations prior to 1.0 stable.

Thank you for you karma votes!

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/05/16 07:40

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/08/14 09:40

Post edited by: nant, at: 2007/10/06 16:31
The topic has been locked.
17 years 10 months ago #12623 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Read this first!
Congratulations, Nick !

For a first php-dev-trial, very impressive ! You have not only been very fast learning, but also very much self-learning. B)

Hope that this will set an example in the community, and spread to other new developers of great CB plugins. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 10 months ago #12628 by nant
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn