Media feature requests

14 years 4 months ago #12952 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Media feature requests
I know that nant's plugin does a nice popup with the images. That's why I thought it would be nice that when you click on a mp3,wmv.mpeg file it opens a media player in that tab.

And to get nant totally crazy what do you think about when you click on a .doc file it opens as a html version of it just like google does. And same with pdf's etc ;)

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #12953 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Media feature requests
joombob wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! We were also thinking:

If a user uploads a media file, could the user also designate/upload a screenshot to go with the media file?

Thanks!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

That screenshot is maybe to much. If it just shows the title and a file icon I think that will be enough. Instead of uploading 2 things at the same time. Then nant will need to change his upload script and everything.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

14 years 4 months ago #12954 by joombob
Replied by joombob on topic Re:Media feature requests
Machiel wrote:

I know that nant's plugin does a nice popup with the images. That's why I thought it would be nice that when you click on a mp3,wmv.mpeg file it opens a media player in that tab.

And to get nant totally crazy what do you think about when you click on a .doc file it opens as a html version of it just like google does. And same with pdf's etc ;)

I KNOW!!!! :) :) :)

I about had a heart attack I was so happy when I saw you could upload other types of files, including media!!!

Yeah, having it pop a player would rule!!

:woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo:

Myspace for movie geeks? Check out www.cc2k.us !

14 years 4 months ago #13123 by jeebee
Replied by jeebee on topic Re:Media feature requests
Hi folks! I'm the other half of Bob's "Wild N' Crazy" idea's

First I have to thank you Nant for the great plugin and the whole team for the update. Good Job! :woohoo:

If there is any foot work Bob and I can do to get the media player to work as a pop-up or embedded file (That would ROCK!) then let us know.

Let me ask this.. Would there be a way to make a tab the could display an embedded tag? Like for a video hosted by YouTube.com or MySpace?

Like this?

<embed src=" lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf?u=YUhSMGNEb3ZMMk52Ym5SbGJuUXViVzkyYVdWekxtTmtiaTV0ZVhOd1lXTmxMbU52YlM4d01EQTJPREkwTHpJM0x6TTJMelk0TWpRMU5qTTNNaTVtYkhZPQ==&d=204 " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346">
Get this video and more at vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=682456372&n=2 ">MySpace.com

14 years 2 months ago #17501 by devdan
Replied by devdan on topic Re:Media feature requests
I added this to the forge area, hopefully it will be included in RC3..

Tracker: Feature Requests
Title: Video Media Files .mpeg .wmv .mov
Description:

Would like to be able to upload extensions .mpeg .wmv .mov which open into a media-specific player, depending on the
type of file perhaps in a pop-up.

Icons would look a .mp3 & .pdf icon except with video file..

If Nant adds this feature i'll start dancing. I wont have to use Zoom anymore YAY

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn