Images gone in 1 profile

13 years 11 months ago #132697 by val1723
Images gone in 1 profile was created by val1723
Hello,

I host a site that allows artists to upload images to their portfolio using CB Gallery Plugin.

After I migrated (Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5) one user uploaded images to her old profile. This was even after I had updated user databases. I manually uploaded her images so that they would be on her profile. All seemed to be working fine, and she added new images in the new site. The system did not read how many images she already had, but I was fine with that.

I am not sure what happened, but it seems over the weekend her images dissapeared. They are still stored in her profile gallery folder under her user number, but somehow they are not being read.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am afraid of touching the database and altering the rest of the profiles that are working well, but any pointers are truly welcome.

Thanks!
-Val

Joomla 1.5.14
CB 1.2.2
CB Gallery 1.2 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132753 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re:Images gone in 1 profile
Does anyone have any ideas that could help? I would really appreciate it.

13 years 11 months ago #132763 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Images gone in 1 profile
val1723 wrote:

Hello,

I host a site that allows artists to upload images to their portfolio using CB Gallery Plugin.

After I migrated (Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5) one user uploaded images to her old profile. This was even after I had updated user databases. I manually uploaded her images so that they would be on her profile. All seemed to be working fine, and she added new images in the new site. The system did not read how many images she already had, but I was fine with that.

Means that your database is out of sync compared to the uploaded images.

I am not sure what happened, but it seems over the weekend her images dissapeared. They are still stored in her profile gallery folder under her user number, but somehow they are not being read.

confirms that the database is out of sync for this user.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am afraid of touching the database and altering the rest of the profiles that are working well, but any pointers are truly welcome.

Thanks!
-Val

Joomla 1.5.14
CB 1.2.2
CB Gallery 1.2 RC2

Do the rest of the profiles work?
Are the quota items in agreement with the file/images shown?

13 years 11 months ago #132824 by val1723
Replied by val1723 on topic Re:Images gone in 1 profile
Thanks for replying.

The other profiles work, but the ones that were created before the migration still show an incorrect quota.

If I update the database, wouldn't that affect the current records? (and by this I mean I am afraid it will overwrite and erase the ones that were created after the migration)

I must have missed updating one of the tables... I will look on the forum for the steps to update each part correctly. Could you let me know if my fear is justified or if it will simply update without overwriting?

13 years 11 months ago #132825 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Images gone in 1 profile
val1723 wrote:

Thanks for replying.

The other profiles work, but the ones that were created before the migration still show an incorrect quota.

Means that your migration failed in this case.
The quota limits are kept in the comprofiler table as CB fields that show-up in backend editing.

If I update the database, wouldn't that affect the current records? (and by this I mean I am afraid it will overwrite and erase the ones that were created after the migration)

I must have missed updating one of the tables... I will look on the forum for the steps to update each part correctly. Could you let me know if my fear is justified or if it will simply update without overwriting?

What version of CB Gallery do you have?

The latest version I believe does a sanity check when first installed.

Suggest you copy your existing migrated site to another instance and test on that new instance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn