CB Gallery Module - Parameters & Features

17 years 5 months ago #24621 by nant
Nice job!

looks very nice!

send me your code and i will see if it can be included in future releases (with appropriate thanks to contributor comments of course).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24710 by Makis
hello, is it possible to make the js scroller to show in vertical order?

17 years 5 months ago #24787 by tmaiaroto
Replied by tmaiaroto on topic Re:CB Gallery Module - Parameters & Features
nick- you did get my PM right? If not, you can grab the files I've worked on here ... goes for anyone else wanting to add different display functionality to their cbgallery...just always make a backup - though this is stable and really polished off..work done in the xml for the setting in the admin backend.

17 years 5 months ago #24790 by nant
tmaiaroto wrote:

nick- you did get my PM right? If not, you can grab the files I've worked on here ... goes for anyone else wanting to add different display functionality to their cbgallery...just always make a backup - though this is stable and really polished off..work done in the xml for the setting in the admin backend.

Sorry for the delay - got the PM but very busy at the moment and all spare time is used to help beat with CB 1.0.2.

17 years 5 months ago #24791 by tmaiaroto
no problem at all - just wanted to make sure something didn't go wrong and you were wondering where I was.

17 years 4 months ago #24940 by tmaiaroto
There's a problem with the script I used...and I'm not that great with javascript so I'm not sure how to change all the new lines over to avoid problems...but that's the problem.

When someone puts in a return in their description when adding an image to their gallery - this causes a problem in the slideshow script I've used.

an error of "unterminated string literal" pops up. I've come to find out it's from the return...the newline break or whatever.

I though at first quotations or apostrophes, but it wasn't. Took a bit to track down -- my solution was to modify the form to upload images to user galleries and changed the description field to be just an input and not a "textarea" field ... thus eliminating the ability for someone to add in a return.

I'm not really sure it's necessary to add returns anyway to the description...further, if users add in a long description with many lines, it messes up the way things look, things overfill frames, etc. more notably, the slideshow module won't show all the text, it will cut off long descriptions...which is true if there's a return in there or not.

MOST people don't use such long descriptions....but as is now someone could enter quite a bit of text... the mySQL type is set to "text" which allows for quite a bit...but has no limit. I limited mine to 500 characters.... OR it could be limited within the form on the page in the html form like the title field is.

Allowing people to post that length of characters could also become a security hazard as someone MAY be able to post in there a script to attack a site...but if the field isn't that long, the script wouldn't even have a chance of fitting.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn