Replied by mike214 on topic Re:cannot upload doc files
yes, it is....B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #21662 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot upload doc files
mike214 wrote:

thx Nick.

Maybe you can give me a solution for my problem:
I got the display format "table list". There I have the tables Update, Title, Description, Actions. I deleted the table description in the code, so I got more place for the title. But I didn't find the code for in cb.profilegallery.php to modify the the appearance of the title, e.g if the title is very long then it shows only a little part of the title and I can't modify it for showing on two rows and so on.

Can you tell me where I find the needed code ?

thanks a lot!!!! mike

[code:1]
case 'DF2': // file list layout headings
$htmltext2 .= "<table cellpadding=\"2\" cellspacing=\"4\" border=\"0\" width=\"95%\">";
$htmltext2 .= "<tr class=\"sectiontableheader\">";
$htmltext2 .= "<td width=25%>"._pg_DateTitle."</td>";
$htmltext2 .= "<td>"._pg_ItemTitle."</td>";
$htmltext2 .= "<td width=50%>"._pg_ItemDescription."</td>";
if ($isME || $isModerator) $htmltext2 .= "<td>"._pg_ItemActions."</td>";
$htmltext2 .= "</tr>";
break;
[/code:1]

this is the code that produces the title row for table format listing.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/28 14:48

17 years 6 months ago #21663 by mike214
thanks a lot!

The last question: where I can modify the display format of the date (_pg_DateTitle)?

thanks Nick!

17 years 6 months ago #21664 by nant
mike214 wrote:

thanks a lot!

The last question: where I can modify the display format of the date (_pg_DateTitle)?

thanks Nick!

[code:1]
$pgitemdate = mosFormatDate($pgitem->pgitemdate);
[/code:1]

currently it just uses the date format configured in Joomla/Mambo.

17 years 6 months ago #21706 by mike214
okay. thanks

Now I wanted to add some individual attributes next to the traditional ones like "Date, Title" and so on.
I would be great if there will be a function in future, where I can add such fields e.g. in the backend.
I searched in the whole source code, my new input field must have the same behaviour like "pgitemtitle". I copied exactly all the "pgitemtitle"-lines in code and gave them a new name like "pgitemsubmitdate" (my individual field).
In my point of view it should work that way, but it doesn't. If I now want to upload a file, there's no error message, it says that upload was successfull, but it doesn't display the new item, it's empty like before. Did I miss something ?

Post edited by: mike214, at: 2006/09/29 11:16

17 years 6 months ago #21708 by nant
mike214 wrote:

okay. thanks

Now I wanted to add some individual attributes next to the traditional ones like "Date, Title" and so on.
I would be great if there will be a function in future, where I can add such fields e.g. in the backend.
I searched in the whole source code, my new input field must have the same behaviour like "pgitemtitle". I copied exactly all the "pgitemtitle"-lines in code and gave them a new name like "pgitemsubmitdate" (my individual field).
In my point of view it should work that way, but it doesn't. If I now want to upload a file, there's no error message, it says that upload was successfull, but it doesn't display the new item, it's empty like before. Did I miss something ?

Post edited by: mike214, at: 2006/09/29 11:16

It's not that simple.
These values are stored in the database - which is fixed.
Please visit the forge and post a feature request artifact - make sure you put as much detail as possible.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn