[solved] Phpbb user profile tab

17 years 10 months ago #15778 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
cyberpark,

Yes, the edit phpbb profile stuff is in the next version and not in 1.0.2.

From the front-end the phpbb ID should only be viewable. It can manually be changed by the admin from the back-end and of course the control panel can automatically sync them. The front end users can't change that ID as a security precaution because they get logged into phpBB by the ID number... so if they could change that number then they could log in as other users... Let me know if somehow the users can change that ID from the front-end...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16508 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
I would be happy to test as well

17 years 9 months ago #17242 by chadcham
Replied by chadcham on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
It looks like you are coming along pretty quickly on the next version! I am eagerly awaiting to help test that profile integration! Do you have any warm fuzzies about a date it might be in open to us to test?

This may be a little premature since you are trying to get the core phpbb profile items in sync first, but several boards (especially commercial boards) have a need to capture the real first and last name of their users which they have added to their phpbb profile. Will version 1.03 be at a place that I could add the code to registration page that would take that information over to the 'user_name_first' and 'user_name_last' fields over in phpbb?

If not, I will certainly find another way around that issue since your plugin will already be a very effective tool.

Thanks!
Chad

17 years 9 months ago #17271 by geeffland
chadcham,

Just took a quick peek at the phpbb users table that I have and I don't see the first and last name... so you must have this modded with something.

jos_comprofiler already has a place for first and last names and they are visible if CB is setup to use them versus the single name tag.

The sync from one to the other would not be hard to do but since it is not in the base phpBB (unless in a newer version than I looked at) it probably won't make it into the code...

Once the users are sync'd you could write some easy sql code to run in phpMyAdmin... if you need help with that then let me know. once the users are sync'd it should be easy to add their names. (just need to know the table structures)

Greg

17 years 9 months ago #17284 by chadcham
Replied by chadcham on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
geeffland -

Yes you are correct. I should have been more clear. I was trying to point out that several board operators have added those fields using a mod. I did not think you would accomodate for custom fields, I was just wondering if it is feasible for me to extend the functionality of the plugin once it is released. That would be a great benefit. I understand I would need to reapply those changes with future updates to the plugin.

The 'user_name_first' and 'user_name_last' fields are the fields that a very common mod uses to add first and last name to the profile. If I could manage those in CB and have them populate the phpbb_users table, I would just hide those fiels in the phpBB profile and manage those changes in CB.

BTW, could you point me to the right file/code that I should look at to attempt those changes on the current release? I have the users synced now in my development intances of Joomla/phpBB, and I wanted to get the names portion working before I moved them into production.

Thanks so much!
Chad

17 years 9 months ago #17286 by geeffland
chadcham,

At a high level...I would link the following tables together (replace prefix jos_ or phpbb_ if needed)

jos_comprofiler (cb_phpbbid) to phpbb_users (user_id)

then jos_comprofiler has the following fields which you could insert the data

firstname
middlename
lastname

Your SQL should look like

[code:1]UPDATE jos_comprofiler, phpbb_users
SET jos_comprofiler.firstname = phpbb_users.user_name_first,
jos_comprofiler.lastname = phpbb_users.user_name_last
WHERE phpbb_users.user_id = jos_comprofiler.cb_phpbbid[/code:1]

NOTE: this will run on all syncd users... so make sure they are syncd correctly prior to running... (you can run this from the SQL window in phpMyAdmin)

Hope this helps,
Greg

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn