[solved] Problem after moving to web host

17 years 10 months ago #16543 by glyn1981
I have been developing a Joomla website and Phpbb forum on my own PC and this all worked well including the Community Builder and Phpbb connector plugin (allowing simultaneous login to Joomla and Phpbb etc).

However I have just uploaded all of the site files and database tables to my hosted web space.

Routine things I have changed to make the site work now it is hosted:

Joomla:-
- Configuration.php (for joomla to use correct paths and Database).

Phpbb:-
- Config.php (for phpbb to use correct Database etc)

Phpbb works fine and the forum has the posts etc already made in testing on my own PC. However when trying to login via the CB Login in Joomla I encounter some errors:

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites//public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/var/www/html/forum/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites//public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 125

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 125

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: encode_ip() in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbconnector.php on line 137

Similar errors also appear when clicking on the plugin control panel for the phpbb connector plugin:

Warning: main(/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 152

Warning: main(/var/www/html/forum/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/forum/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 153
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'web29-live_db.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =
SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'

I have the phpbb forum in a separate directory named 'forum' to the website (which is in the root). I made sure this is set in the phpbb connector plugin setting (default anyway).

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you,

Glyn

Post edited by: glyn1981, at: 2006/07/06 23:26

Post edited by: glyn1981, at: 2006/07/20 01:35

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #16609 by glyn1981
Replied by glyn1981 on topic Re:Problem after moving to web host
Solved it, as I assumed it was down to some problem with paths. As this was very new webspace my domain had not registered entirely with its new nameservers and because when I re-configured joomla and phpbb to use the IP *AND* the domain (temporary necessity to see my site work) the paths were messing up the operation of the PHPBB plugin connector. Now that my old domain is fully functional I have removed the IP prefix in the joomla and phpbb config and it all works!

Thank you to anyone who took time to read my post... but all is good now. No doubt I will be returning if I have further questions! :)

Regards,

Glyn

17 years 8 months ago #19926 by squirt
HI,

I'm having exactly the same problems as you with regard to the phpconnector. However I'm not sure I fully understand how you fixed it. I'm also working from a non live server at the moment in preparation, but all paths appear to be set correctly. Could you or anyone else be a little more specific regarding the fix please. Sorry to be a dunce!!

Mucho appreciation

Squirt

17 years 8 months ago #19931 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Problem after moving to web host
check the paths in the error message... are they correct? if not they may help you figure out how to adjust the 'forum directory'... (most likely cause for the files not loading)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 8 months ago #19975 by squirt
Hi Greg,

Many thanks for your reply, I spotted this in the error message:

public_html//phpBB2/extension.inc

It appears that the script has inserted this doupble slash, i've checked Directory for phpBB:: and there are no slashes or spaces just phpBB2.

Do I need to modify one of the php files in order to recitfy the added slash?

Regards

Steve

17 years 8 months ago #19978 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Problem after moving to web host
First things I would do is check to make sure you don't have '/phpbb2' as your forum directory... if you do change it to
'phpbb2' without the starting or ending slashes... V1.0.2 does not strip them off automatically if they are input... (needs more error trapping in that function)

Try that and let me know what happens

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn