[solved] Problem after moving to web host

17 years 8 months ago #19979 by squirt
Greg,

Your a star, so quick. Deffo no slashesat beginning of forum directory, sorry to be a pain. This is the full line:

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/home/mynetwork/public_html//phpBB2/extension.inc): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted

Steve

Post edited by: squirt, at: 2006/08/31 18:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19980 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Problem after moving to web host
As a last resort you can go into phpbbgui.php and manually override the $phpbb_root_path on line 151.

Then do the same for line 123 in phpbbconnector.php...

Just for grins post some info on your server, php versions, etc. By chance does your "DOCUMENT_ROOT" variable have a trailing slash on it?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 8 months ago #19983 by squirt
Dude,

PHP Ver 4.4.2. i've just uploaded the new Joomla 1.1.11. Where is document root? And what command do I use to override the $phpbb_root_path?

Do i just delete that and enter the /home/mynetwork/public_html sorry not too advanced in php scripting.

Regards

Steve

Post edited by: squirt, at: 2006/08/31 19:16

Post edited by: squirt, at: 2006/08/31 19:16

17 years 8 months ago #19984 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Problem after moving to web host
(DOCUMENT_ROOT) I thought that used to show up in the System Info portion of the Joomla backend but my quick check I did not see it...

Changes those 2 lines previously mentioned to be

[code:1]$phpbb_root_path = "public_html/phpBB2/"; [/code:1]

(or whatever the path needs to be incase if goes deeper than public_html)

on the "DOCUMENT_ROOT"... to see it we can add a quick temporary line to phpBBgui.php... say right after the line above

[code:1]die("DOCUMENT_ROOT = ".$_SERVER);[/code:1]

once you save this into phpBBgui.php try to go into the phpbb connector control panel... when loading it should stop and say

DOCUMENT_ROOT = xxxxxxx

Copy this line of text and post it into another message here... then remove the die() line from your code... and the connector should be working again.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 8 months ago #19987 by squirt
Greg,

TOP DRAW dude, the forcing of the path works a treat. I'm gonna try the DOCUMENT ROOT investigation next. You are a star!!!

Many Thanks

Steve

17 years 8 months ago #19990 by squirt
Glen,

OK thought everything was fine, login now works BUT, unfortunatley I can no longer access the community builder component on the main menu.

Sorry

Steve

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn