phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent

17 years 9 months ago #16669 by przemko
phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent was created by przemko
Hello,

I have installed phpBB component on joomla 1.0.10 (from websmurf) and it works well. After this I installed CB and phpBB connector. Unfortunatelly CB does not work so well. In fact it does not work at all...
Whenever I try to register new (fake) user i got the following error:

[code:1]SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'joomla.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='zzzzzzz' AND user_id<>''
SQL =
SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='zzzzzzz' AND user_id<>''[/code:1]

Whenever I'm trying to log-in as a user that was created before installation of CB I get another error:

[code:1]Fatal error: Call to undefined function encode_ip() in C:\Inetpub\lacerta\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_phpbbconnector\phpbbconnector.php on line 138[/code:1]

Could you help me with these problems?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16681 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent
przemko,

The phpbb Connector does not work with the phpBB component at this time. I also don't know if CB works with it or not as I think the phpBB Component uses a special login module.

The phpBB component modifies how the user tables are used and this is the main reason for the incompatability at the moment. There is a feature request to make it work but that feature has not been implemented yet.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #16691 by przemko
Replied by przemko on topic Re:phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
In my opinion the SQL error should not appear because the jos_users table was only extended by some columns and nothting was removed. When I try to create new user using CB - CB should not "see" any difference. In my understanding of this error it means that the system cannot find "users" table (or joomla.useres) and it's true because I have only "jos_users" table. Isn't it a problem with some kind of parameterization?

The second error is that the system cannot find "encode_ip()" function which is placed in "[...]/components/com_forum/includes/functions.php" It seems that for some reason phpBB connector does not include this function.

This also does not seem to bo a problem of phpBB component.

Could you please help me with this?

Post edited by: przemko, at: 2006/07/08 12:53

Post edited by: przemko, at: 2006/07/08 12:54

Post edited by: przemko, at: 2006/07/08 12:55

Post edited by: przemko, at: 2006/07/08 12:55

17 years 9 months ago #16709 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent

phpBB Component uses a special login module

przemko,

Doesn't this component use a special login module? Why do you desire using both methods to connect joomla with PHPbb? Why not just uninstall webmsurf's PHPBB component and use this plugin?

Sorry for all the questions -- just wondering. Geeffland provides such good support for his plugin but has been quite explicit in the past here by telling all that it will not work with webmurf's component.

Hope all is well!

17 years 9 months ago #16711 by przemko
Replied by przemko on topic Re:phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent
I want to have only one users database, so it will be always consistent...

17 years 9 months ago #16713 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:phpBB Connector & phpBBComponent
Hmmm -- this plugin for community builder allows you to use only one database -- in fact that is preferred.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn