Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector

17 years 9 months ago #17626 by WarDaddy
This may be the wrong place to post, but here goes.
I have the phpBB running, I link to it using a wrapper. This works well and looks nice.

I am having a problem though.

The address bar, no matter where In phpBB I am shows the address of the wrapper...

mysite.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8

I like it to be easy to get the URL for a message, so you can link directly to a message. Is there a way to change the URL?

OR...I can take the wrapper out... amd make the forum stand alone, fine, but then I need to add navagation to phpbb to get back to the main site. Any documentaion on that out there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17631 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector
Not sure what to tell you on the address bar... maybe someone else here will know... as you mentioned you also can use a url link which you could setup to open in a new window... that is how I personally have mine setup... but at some point I would like to get it setup within a wrapper... but currently the wrapper does not do what I need for it to do when linking posts from the user profile... so at some point 'a coding I will go'... just don't have the time to do it at the moment...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17632 by WarDaddy
Replied by WarDaddy on topic Re:Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector
geeffland wrote:

Not sure what to tell you on the address bar... maybe someone else here will know... as you mentioned you also can use a url link which you could setup to open in a new window... that is how I personally have mine setup... but at some point I would like to get it setup within a wrapper... but currently the wrapper does not do what I need for it to do when linking posts from the user profile... so at some point 'a coding I will go'... just don't have the time to do it at the moment...

Greg

Did you modify the phpBB page to link back to your main site?

I would be happy if I could add navigation buttons to the top of the page that would take users back to the main, possiably sub sections as well. IF so, how did you manage those changes?

(Off to phpBB.com to read read read)

17 years 9 months ago #17685 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector
I did not get that fancy with phpbb... and I have not had a chance to get that deep in phpBB's templates, etc...

Just peeked around for login logout register and profile links... I think we published a short note about the registration link but the login/logout are similar... the profile one is more complicated because of the many places it shows up...

Sorry,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17696 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector
My problems with the wrapper are a bit more complex -

1.When you view the users profile in CB and view their forum posts tab,Clicking on those links opens the forum outside the wrapper.

2.When the users click the forum profile link it shows forum profile and not CB profile

3. when user click register on forum it does not got to CB log in

4.When i use the phpBB recent psts module on the main ite..it too also opens the forum out of the wrapper.

5. sometiem when u have posted only your message appears, nut i noticed if you hae a mouse with a wheel and you push the weel down and move the mouse up and down..you can move the forum up and down within the wrapper.

6. Private messages diabled in the board, the link does not re direct to the CB / joomla PM system. nor does it allow you to specify.

Any advice or help on this would be appreciated

I am using the new CB Connector

17 years 8 months ago #18668 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:Wrapper question, with phpBB and Connector
Any update on CB Connector bug fixes?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn