Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2

17 years 8 months ago #20004 by j3cubcapt
Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2 was created by j3cubcapt
NOOB question.

I have the following..
Joomla = 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] (new install)
Community Builder = 1.0.1 (new install)
Gallery2 = 2.1.2 core 1.1.0.2 (existing with users albums)
PHPbb = 2.0.21 (existing with users and posts)

I would like to have all of this intergated, but my hosting company setup each of these programs with each using different MySQL databases.

How do I reconfigure them to work together? I'm not sure how to get them all in the same database.

Thanks

Will
Dallas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #20033 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2
From my experience (which is not that great) you will want to leave Gallery2 in its own database. But currently for the phpBB Connector you will need to put phpbb and Joomla/CB in the same database. To do this you will need to manually install phpbb (or Joomla)... Each has a slightly different install (very slight) but basically you take their ZIP file... unzip it on your machine.. ftp up the files to your website then type in the URL to where you put the files and they will start an install program that will guide you through the setup... just be sure to use the same database server, name, username, password and they will work fine...

So with your setup as it is... choose either Joomla or phpBB to be where it is... then reinstall the other into that database.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 7 months ago #20222 by j3cubcapt
Replied by j3cubcapt on topic Re:Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2
I have asked my hosting company to help with this and the following is what they sent me via email. Do they really know what they are talking about?.....

"We have revised the content of the Joomla and phpBB databases and we believe that some problems may occur during the integration process since both databases are already populated with users. If you wish, we can offer you an integration of a freshly installed board (like Joomlaboard, SMF or phpBB), where your users can register again or use their Joomla login credentials."

17 years 7 months ago #20224 by vista
Replied by vista on topic Re:Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2
I am having the same problem, I installed my phpbb loooong ago, it's live with users, posts, etc. I installed joomla/CB much more recently, before I even knew what it could do, just to play around with it... the result is both are in different databases and I'd like to integrate them. Not certain how to move an existing database, but I can't lose my existing forum content.

17 years 7 months ago #20229 by j3cubcapt
Replied by j3cubcapt on topic Re:Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2
Vista, I hear you!!!
Let's keep intouch if either of us finds a solution to fix this.

I'm in the same boat. Good number of current users in the current phpbb and I want them to keep their UserID's and passwords but migrate them into the Joomla/CB. I want them to experiance a seemless tranistion to the new Joomla based site.

J3cubcapt

17 years 7 months ago #20231 by vista
Replied by vista on topic Re:Databases, CB, PHPbb and Gallery2
Have you done a forum search? After I made this reply to you, I started going through old forum posts (I should have done that first) and I found a few going over migrating database tables. Alternatively, I don't know if your hosting company would do this, but you could ask if they'd be willing to migrate them for you.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn