This may help many of the posts I have read...

17 years 7 months ago #20276 by debrastreng
From reading the various posts in the forum while trying to fix my own personal code errors yesterday and the day before, I noticed a lot of "failed to open stream" and "SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146" errors. I actually had both of these. What is important is how they came to occur:

1. Started site
2. Installed Joomla
3. Installed PhpBB (v.2.0.21)
4. Started designing forums in PHPBB
5. Found CB - Installed
6. Dove into CB and created info blah blah blah
7. Went looking for CB plugins
8. Found PHPBB Plugin-Connector (v.1.0.2)
9. Read Plugin instructions
10. Realized that CB and Joomla are in one SQL DB and PHPBB is in another
11. Installed 2nd copy of PHPBB using Joomla/CB Database
12. Not wanting to do all the forum set-up again, I coppied ALL the PHPBB tables over from the original PHPBB Database
13. Deleted 1st installation of PHPBB
14. Bad things begin to occur
15. Attempt to login to PHPBB, missing template error.
16. Uploaded missing template, hmmm subSilver is sitting right there in templates... overwrote
17. PHPBB still won't load, missing template
18. Idea: Recreated PHPBB2 Directory, Inserted sub directory 'templates', Installed sub Silver template
19. Can now open the new install of PHPBB
20. Realized that new PHPBB was pathing to old PHPBB directories for: smiles, avatars, and templates due to import of all tables from first DB
21. Changed paths in PHPBB admin panel for templates, smiles, and avatars
22. Installed PHPBB Plugin-Connector (successful)
23. Installed sessions.php from Version 1[1].0.2 downloaded PHPBB Plugin-Connector package into PHPBB Directory/includes
24. Tried to register a member (failed)
25. Got the following errors upon hitting the 'submit registration' button:

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/ phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/forum/extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/ phpbbconnector.php on line 124

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/forum/common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/ phpbbconnector.php on line 125

Warning: includephpbbfiles(): Failed opening '/home/content/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxx/html/forum/common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/b/r/a/bradstreng/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/ phpbbconnector.php on line 125
SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'joom3db.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='Test' AND user_id<>''
SQL =
SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='Test' AND user_id<>''
26. Uninstalled 2nd Install of PHPBB
27. Unpublished PHPBB Plugin-Connector
28. Installed 3rd PHPBB
29. THIS TIME: I exported ONLY the Category and Forum tables from the original DB. (method below)
.....a. Open phpMyAdmin
.....b. Find link for phpbb categories
.....c. Click to open
.....d. In right Pane, click the 'Browse' tab
.....e. Click the 'Check All' link directly below your categories (screen will reload with a graan check mark next to all of them)
.....f. Click the 'Export' link at the bottom or top of the pane.
.....g. In the options that come up for exporting, leave all at default EXCEPT the following:
...............i. check the box next to "Add DROP TABLE"
..............ii. change the name of the table you are exporting in the "file name template (1)" feild (default is "_TABLE_" (this is ok if you are only exporting one table, but in my case I was exporting both 'categories' and 'forums' so I made my categories export "_TABLE1_" and my forums export "_TABLE2_")
.............iii. change "compression" field to "gzipped"
.....h. rinse and repeat for additional exports
.....i. Do NOT export users unless you have to, it gets complicated syncing old users with any users you created on new PHPBB and plugin...
30. Published PHPBB Plugin-Connector
31. Attempted to create registered member, this time upon hitting the 'submit registration' button, I didn't get any errors, but I didn't get a page either ("Page cannot be displayed" error)
32. Tried a bunch of random crap not worth describing to try to rectify problem
33. Decided to try editing the sessions.php the way described in readme included with Version 1[1].0.2 downloaded PHPBB Plugin-Connector package
34. Opened original Version 1[1].0.2 downloaded PHPBB Plugin-Connector package and edited sessions.php
.....Modify lines 419-421 by adding ‘ around $user_id on line 421
..........•ORIGINAL
..........•AND session_user_id = $user_id";
..........•MODIFIED
..........•AND session_user_id = '$user_id'";
35. Uploaded modded sessions.php to PHPBB Directory/includes
36. Attempted Registration
37. WOOT!! Success!

The above may be helpful for people who have made some of the mistakes I made. These are things that geeffland might not think of immediately as none of it (except possibly the sessions.php file problem) is a result of the Plugin's code or functionality. In my case, it was the result of me doing things slightly incorrectly (correct enough for both CB and PHPBB to function independently, but not correct enough for the plugin to integrate them).

Hope this helps :)

Post edited by: debrastreng, at: 2006/09/05 07:24

Post edited by: debrastreng, at: 2006/09/05 07:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn