Showing phpBB in Joomla

17 years 5 months ago #26983 by drumgirl67
Showing phpBB in Joomla was created by drumgirl67
I've installed CB and the bridge and they're working fine, but how can I get the phpBB forums to show up in the Joomla site? If I add a url link to a menu it redirects me to the forums (only forums, no Joomla stuff).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #26989 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Showing phpBB in Joomla
v1.0.2 or 1.0.3 don't really have a good way to do it... you can use the Joomla wrapper but it has some issues.

In v2.0.0 I modified the Joomla Wrapper a bit to make it work with the user profiles (as the default Wrapper won't without a ton of DB entries)... so it is better, but it still has some issues... I will have to dig into this a bit and see if we can come up with a better way for v2.0.0...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 5 months ago #26999 by drumgirl67
Replied by drumgirl67 on topic Re:Showing phpBB in Joomla
How would I do this with wrapper? When I try to do it I get the forums showing up but they're in a tiny frame with a scroll bar. I've tried changing the .css file for the template but can't get it to work.

17 years 5 months ago #27001 by geeffland
Sounds like you have it pretty close. I think the only thing you might be missing is that you could turn off the left menus (or right or both) when you are on that menu link. This would give you a wider page to show the forum on...

You can do this by going into Modules - Site Modules in the admin side...

then click on the menus or modules on the sides.. in their parameters you should see Menu Item Link(s) on the right side, this determines which menus show those modules... Weird concept but think of a menu as a screen in this case. Most of those are probably set to ALL... just reassign to the screens/menus you want them to show up on... leaving the menu for your "wrapper" to the forum unchecked...

Hope this helps,
Greg

17 years 5 months ago #27003 by geeffland
Let me add to this... then it is up to the Template... so in my testcases I did after posting... the Templates tended to limit the size of the main body... even with the menus gone...

So you may need to edit your template as well...

Greg

17 years 5 months ago #27006 by drumgirl67
Replied by drumgirl67 on topic Re:Showing phpBB in Joomla
Okay so I got the width working correctly, but I'm still having problems with the height. If I go into the wrapper settings and change the height to big (like 800), the height changes correctly to that size, but I'd really like for it to fit the size of the page that's there so there's no scroll bar for the forums.

If I set the height to auto on the wrapper settings, it goes back to about 150 or 200 high, which is of course way to small for a whole forum. Same thing if I set it to 100%.

If I set it really big like 2000 it shows the whole page but with extra room on the bottom. Is there a reason the 100% or auto aren't working? What would be restricting them? I'm using the user1 position for the wrapper.

Thanks for your help ;)

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn