Can't launch plugin control panel?

17 years 3 months ago #29734 by vdubguy2k
Can't launch plugin control panel? was created by vdubguy2k
I've installed this plugin on another site and it works perfect. Now I've installed it on a new site (same host) and when I click on the "plugin control panel" link I get this error page:

Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/index.php) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.

Available documents:

* /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/index.html (common basename)

Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

Any idea why this would happen? I would love to get to the admin panel to sync up users! haha

Thanks for any help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #29737 by vdubguy2k
Replied by vdubguy2k on topic Re:Can't launch plugin control panel?
ok so I turned the rg_emulation off and tried again...now I get this error:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/22/d194559295/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_phpbbconnector/phpbbgui.php on line 27

I looked around and found the two files that were posted in another thread (phpbbconnector.php and phpbbgui.php) and replaced the current ones with those which gave me a much bigger slew of errors.

Any ideas? thanks!

17 years 3 months ago #29777 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Can't launch plugin control panel?
I would try v1.0.3 from cbconnector.com and see if that fixes your errors.

the first error you showed was caused by the admin login coding changing in Joomla... and V1.0.2 had the older style.. so it tried to redirect to Joomla's index.php but their code was not designed to be used by other plugins... so it doesn't check what directory it is redirecting to... That is why it is looking for index.php in the wrong directory...

The second error is caused by the RG_EMULATION setting... this makes gloabls.php (Joomla's file) erase the global variables... which were defining my paths for the included files... so basically I modified the code to relearn the path after loading globals.php....

Both issues should be fixed in 1.0.3... just have not updated the copy on joomlapolis.com yet... (I need to do that)...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 3 months ago #29785 by vdubguy2k
Thanks a bunch Greg. I installed the new version and now get this error...any idea? By the way, I'm running the older version of the connector on another site and it works perfect, so thanks for a great plugin!

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'db194571924.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =

SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'

17 years 3 months ago #29786 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Can't launch plugin control panel?
Yes,

Note 2 things about the error message...

1) it indicates the the table does not exist...
2) the SQL shows the table as "users"... this typically should be "phpbb_users"

So what this is telling me is that it can not find the phpbb users table.

Assuming that phpbb and Joomla/CB are installed in the same database, then the "forum directory" is not set correctly. For v1.0.2 or 1.0.3 the forum directory is based on the server variable $_SERVER which most servers have... If your server does not have that variable then for v1.0.2 or v1.0.3 we will need to hard code some path variables... (typ. might be an issue on IIS servers)

The DOC_ROOT variable above reflects the websites main directory... i.e. the directory where www.yoursite.com goes to. the default "forum directory" is "forum" which would mean that phpbb is at www.yoursite.com/forum...

This can be modified to reflect the forums location and directory name. Note that the forum directory entry does not have a preceeding or trailing slash though... this has caused errors in some cases...

Hope this helps,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 3 months ago #29797 by vdubguy2k
Gottcha, thanks I'll look into that. I'm thinking one of my problems may be that the phpbb database was exported from another host and moved to the current one. The tables in the database start with phpBB2_ so I will have to address that naming issue it looks like?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn