phpConnector installation issues

16 years 5 months ago #47223 by chasiv
phpConnector installation issues was created by chasiv
Hi,

I'm VERY new to CB and I'm trying to integrate Joomla 1.0.12 with phpBB2.0.22

I'm running it on a test server which has both programs installed (and using the same database). The 'server' is a Windows XP Pro machine. The PHP & MySQL work fine.
Joomla & phpBB installations went fine. Both worked without issue (including login). I then installed the phpConnector & RegistrationBlocker.

Now when I go to login I get that it can not find extension.inc. It is looking in c:#inetpub#wwwroot/CBBFL_PHP/phpBB/extension.inc I actually go in via http://localhost/CBBFL_PHP/phpbb. So I went into phpbbconnector.php and changed line 116
from 'return $phpBBforumPath."/";'
to 'return "www.localhost/CBBFL_PHP/phpBB/";'

That seems to have eliminated the error finding the include files, but instead now I have the following error:

Hacking attempt
Fatal error: Call to undefined function encode_ip() in C:#CBBFL_PHP#Joomla#components#com_comprofiler#plugin#user#plug_phpbbconnector#phpbbconnector.php on line 138.

I attempted to insert a quick javascript alert box to show what it was finding for $client_ip and it was coming up blank.

I'd love to incorporate CB onto my site (and find a way to integrate my other databases) so there is only 1 login to the entire site... but need to get the bugs worked out on a test server before I'm willing to upload/install anything on the hosted server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- edited to add # where forward slash should be as post removed them --
Thanks,
Chas
www.cbbfl.com

Post edited by: chasiv, at: 2007/10/04 18:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #47291 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpConnector installation issues
After installing the connector did you change its forum directory to the correct one? By default it looks for a "forum" directory off of the website root path. So most likely issues are one of the following:

1) installed in different directory and did not change forum path in plugin parameters

2) $_SERVER is not defined on that server (likely an IIS server)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 5 months ago #48667 by chasiv
Replied by chasiv on topic Re:phpConnector installation issues
So my forum has to be a subfolder of my root Joomla folder?

My current configuration is

localhost/CBBFL_PHP/Joomla for my Joomla installation.
localhost/CBBFL_PHP/phpBB for my forum installation.

If I'm reading your post correctly, I need to move my forum installation to:

localhost/CBBFL_PHP/Joomla/forum (or phpBB if I'd like, as long as I change the plugin parameter) for it to work properly

Would that be what you're trying to state ?

And yes, the 'test' server is an IIS Server.

16 years 5 months ago #48668 by chasiv
I'm a little anxious to try things... So I just tested moving the phpBB folder to a subfolder of Joomla and then it REALLY crashed hard as it could not find the files it needed (i.e. extension.inc, getphpbbTab from common, etc.) with 'phpBB' as the forum directory it was looking in http://localhost/CBBFL_PHP/phpBB/ for these files when they would then be in http://localhost/CBBFL_PHP/Joomla/phpBB/

and it still has the 'Call to undefined function encode_ip() error.

16 years 5 months ago #48671 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpConnector installation issues
Yeah moving phpbb files without changing the config.php file would cause it to crash pretty hard...

v1.0.3 uses solely the document_root server variable to start its finding of the forum... on IIS servers some or most of the time that variable is not defined... so it can be difficult to get it to work correctly...

Luckily I released CB Connecter v2 beta 1 publicly this last weekend so you can go download it from cbconnector.com (it will be available at this site in the future as well)

v2 allows the forum directory to be set by a variety of different methods to help out on IIS servers... I would download it and give it a try... in the plugin parameter screens you can change the forum location and it will provide feedback on whether it thinks the location is correct or not... it also support phpbb3 RC7 if you decide to try it out versus phpbb2... also now the forum and site can be in different forums...

Try that and then lets revisit what issues you still have. NOTE that you will need to install the xajax mamabot on that site before installing the CB Connector for the it to work. You may also need to have the php memory_limit variable bumped up to 16M... if you don't have the ability to change that variable your webhost would need to change that variable (may not be required but if you hit a memory size error then update this variable)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 4 months ago #49647 by chasiv
OK.. so I've installed version 2 (installed xAjax first) and unpublished version 1. All seems fine except that I can't synchronize the Joomla users to the Forum users.

When I go to User Management it shows the Forum Profile tab but only a message stating:

This account is not currently setup for Forum Access ! Please contact the Website Administrator for further assistance.

Thus I can't enter the Forum ID (per instructions) as that field does not exist.

please help.... :unsure:
Chas

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn