German Translation doesnt work

16 years 1 month ago #59061 by SilentbobCH
Replied by SilentbobCH on topic Re:German Translation doesnt work
Hi, I'm new to CB and have installed it first time on a Joomla 1.0.13. I need it in german, so I tried this approach to make the 1.0.1 german language pack working with CB 1.1.

But nothing helped. I'm on a shared hosting and cannot change filenames/permissions inside the components/com_comprofiler/ folder nor upload files there neither.

My Joomla language is "German informal - Du" (germani.php). I tried to change the CB language pack the following:

cb_1.0.1_german.zip
- cb_german
- - german.php
- - german.xml

TO (1):
cb_1.0.1_german.zip
- cb_German
- - German.php
- - German.xml (modified inside file too)

TO (2):
cb_1.0.1_german.zip
- cb_germani
- - germani.php
- - germani.xml (modified inside file too)

Nothing works. I also tried to rename the Plugin Name in CB Plugin Manager (from "German" to "German informal - Du"), still no changes.

Could someone help me please? Thanks!

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #59293 by shiva.xxl
Replied by shiva.xxl on topic Re:German Translation doesnt work
Like stated earlier by other users it is just the spelling of the lanuage files. I had the same problem but changing:
the name og the language folder: ...components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/german/
into
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/German/ and
german.php into German.php as well as
german.xml into German.xml it worked!

Be aware that the tab/field title in the tabmangement ist according to the common agreements, like: _UE_Gender otherwise the CB cannot match the data out of the translation tables.

It works! I have some other issues with the encoding of ü/ue, ä/ae and ö/oe, these are displayed as <?>, but this is minor at the moment.

Ber_t

Post edited by: shiva.xxl, at: 2008/03/20 02:08

15 years 11 months ago #62791 by Tomek1
Replied by Tomek1 on topic Re:German Translation doesnt work
Hey @ all

I had this same problem too with the encoding tried it with it with utf8 instead of iso encoding but didnt work so I encoded it myself so it compatible with all encodings!!!

Just Download the germani.php file and rename it like you want to replace your old germani.php (or like in my solution the new default_language.php).
I am going to make a whole now Language Pack for German I think.

Have fun

EDIT: I encoded the calendar-locals.js file too

Attachment encoded.zip not found

Post edited by: Tomek1, at: 2008/05/12 20:30
Attachments:

15 years 9 months ago #68777 by Almatter
Replied by Almatter on topic Re:German Translation doesnt work
Hello! There is a configuration to chance in cb lobin in administrator, the login url redirection field is empty, because a "error" in xml file in the instalation of CB, more here blog.almatter.com/2008/07/19/funcionamento-inadequado-do-login-do-community-builder-11-joomla-10x/

Post edited by: Almatter, at: 2008/07/19 16:02

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn