What is groupjive?

17 years 4 months ago #26979 by Mackelito
Replied by Mackelito on topic Re:What is groupjive?
Trying to download it and try it out but the file is missing in groupjive.com :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26986 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:What is groupjive?
as we mentioned before the groupjive.com website is unreliable, therefore we moved to groupjive.org and the files can be downloaded on the forge forge.joomla.org/sf/projects/groupjive/

17 years 4 months ago #27012 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic Re:What is groupjive?
Flipsider wrote:

I personally hate Joomlaboard. It drives me crazy with all those basic features. In example I cannot delete a post or topic, I cannot post attachements to a post (dont know if this can be enabled), how many templates are there, like 1-3? All you can use it for is some basic clan site where you only need to be able to create topics and reply into them. Yes, JP uses it, but that sucks too... smf would be much better.

FLIPSIDER You ought to be able to post attachments with ease upon Joomlaboard. It seems you have not enabled this in the back end. Beyond that, I agree with you to a great extent but had to laugh at the hint of deviance in your post and the realization of your negative Karma.

DAVIDF Yes, we have strayed slighly from topic, but I believe we have not strayed so far that a discussion of how Group Jive might be developed as we move forward is out of the ballpark of reason. While simple and integrated easily into Joomla, Joomlaboard is not ideal for a community of this size nor a site that hopes to develop a community any larger than say 100 people, since should the community and its forum grow larger and more complex, it will be to the detriment of the site's functionality. I love this site and its purpose of developing Community Builder, but it would be better served by a better forum that can handle more than just a flat one-level category structure with limited features. Because of this, I highly recommend that in light of the new SMF / CB Bridge, a move be made to greater integration of CB with SMF. This is a logical move, since the development and community forces behind SMF are far greater than Joomlaboard, which just cannot compete with the grand scale of SMF's powerful functionality. Although this was not the case last year, as SMF was in its infancy, SMF has come of age with significant progress to its resume and motivation moving forward.

Perhaps because of SMF's natural ability to handle groups in a way that Group Jive has done in the past will make Group Jive obsolete, but in spite of its lack of progress, I am not will to rule it out just yet. I am only recommending that should GJ move forward, it look to the future to greater aspirations than the simplicity of the past.

17 years 4 months ago #27043 by GMan10
Replied by GMan10 on topic Re:What is groupjive?
DavidF wrote:

as we mentioned before the groupjive.com website is unreliable, therefore we moved to groupjive.org and the files can be downloaded on the forge forge.joomla.org/sf/projects/groupjive/

The Component there is from the 2nd of October which isn't the latest release. There is a release on groupjive.com from the 30th of October but for some unknown reason it's not possible to download there!:angry:

17 years 4 months ago #27046 by DavidF
Replied by DavidF on topic Re:What is groupjive?
1. as already mentioned before we moved from groupjive.com to groupjive.org
2. the forge is currently offline, at least i cant access it but i am pretty sure that the 1.5 version on the forge has less bugs than the one on groupjive.com, however it is still not a stable version

17 years 4 months ago #27049 by GMan10
Replied by GMan10 on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I didn't relise that it was hosted on groupjive.org that's great news :woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds