What is groupjive?

15 years 9 months ago #67507 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What is groupjive?
As everybody else, we had good hopes in groupJive.

We are now aware of the current problem at groupJive, and started evaluating carefully possible realistic solutions together with groupJive's current admin.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #67514 by king.lui
Replied by king.lui on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I think it's the best to code a new light cb-group module/component instead of using groupjive .. with:

- start/edit/del a new cb-group (own group-profiles) **
- invite users (using invite-module?) **
- simple userlist
- use pms (uddeIM) to send groupmessages
- simple group-news (title, newstext, with text only) **
- simple group-events (date/time, location, descr., with text only) **
- simple group-discussion like a blog or guestbook (text-only)
- perhaps a group-gallery (cbgallery kategory?) **
- perhaps simple goup-downloads **
- notification on new users/events/news/...

** all (group-)users or admin-only.

I know, my english seems a little .. unusual .. but really, it's not bad, it's only a bavarian version :whistle:

15 years 9 months ago #67694 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I've already made a pledge, but I'd up it if CB Developers took over the project! I, for one, think Beat, Nant and the rest of the CB team are the most motivated and appropriate team for the project. Beat and Nant know how to inspire others to assist in the process, are fast and organized and come out with the best, least buggy products I think I've ever witnessed being developed.

Joomlapolis is definitely my Number 1 choice, and I can only dream they'll take on the project.

:cheer:

Jamie

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #67773 by crisscross
Replied by crisscross on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I agree with people hoping for CB team to make further development on groupjive. Groupjive is for me (and many others i believe) the final part in getting a true community site. Many bugs has stopped me from using groupjive but I have been patiently waiting. The micropledge on the groupjive site that seems to only care for Joomla 1.5 compability is a no go for many of us also.

I dont agree with making it a much simpler and text-based plug-in. For end users video, images and multimedia is THE cool thing to use.

With fireboard now coming to life again groupjive is the final part to get a truly social community site with joomla.
So everybody hoping for this start a documentation subscripttion on this site now and show the cb team that you really need this!

15 years 8 months ago #69058 by CGIcon
Replied by CGIcon on topic Re:What is groupjive?
I have been hacking together with found snippets between CB, GJ, FB, Jawards, Eventslist for some time now,,,, and it is frustrating

this would be a great great addition to those that maintain a Joom based Social site.

A media Gallery IS critical!! one that is private, public or buddy optional.

Connections needs a revamp!!!!,, sorry but you can tell it was written by left brainers, It needs to be more creative in it's approach.

Events has been very much in need of a revamp as well,, as it is right now it is no answer to a groups/ social community needs.

the ability of a group,, as a group that chooses to be private to,, collectively publish their work publicly ( gallery, bulletin board, events, blogs/content,,, etc etc ) ( almost like adding in UHP2, so each group has a public "web page" or "My Page")

etc etc,, there is a lot of work here to be done,, I hope they pull it off....

15 years 8 months ago #69135 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What is groupjive?
CGIcon wrote:

Connections needs a revamp!!!!,, sorry but you can tell it was written by left brainers, It needs to be more creative in it's approach.
etc etc,, there is a lot of work here to be done,, I hope they pull it off....

If you are talking of CB connections, then i'm one of those "left-brainers"....

Could you please start a different thread (link from here), in the latest features-request forum and explain what you are currently missing to that feature ?

We think that connections are a central feature to groups, so I we are open to new ideas :)

Please then reply here with link to your features-request :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds